Respected Contributor

Re: Fishermen Save Kittens Swimming Toward Them In River

What a great, sweet story! I think those kittens were dumped, too...they sure seemed used to humans. Maybe they heard the guys' voices in the distance, and just went for it.

Valued Contributor

@Topaz Gem  My kitty was dumped, along with 5 of her brothers and sisters, in my neighborhood.  I could not conceive at the time (I was 8 y/o) that someone would do something like that.  But even though that was a despicable thing to do, at least all of the kittens were taken in to good homes... not left in some swamp to starve or be a gator's lunch (if they were, in fact, dumped).  This is Mittens at 20 years old right before we lost her.  I miss my little orphan!  Glad to see a happy ending to that story.

photo DSC00058.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@Topaz Gem wrote:

It makes me so mad, though.  How difficult is it for someone to drop them off at the Humane Society?  You mean it's easier for them to leave the kittens in the wilderness with no food or shelter?

Grrrr....

People who abandon animals are evil, vile people. Karma will someday come to them.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Precious animals and they knew that the men were a way to get help.  We are responsible to this earth and for this earth and all her creatures that live upon her with us. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Trusted Contributor

@AliJoi5 wrote:

@Topaz Gem  My kitty was dumped, along with 5 of her brothers and sisters, in my neighborhood.  I could not conceive at the time (I was 8 y/o) that someone would do something like that.  But even though that was a despicable thing to do, at least all of the kittens were taken in to good homes... not left in some swamp to starve or be a gator's lunch (if they were, in fact, dumped).  This is Mittens at 20 years old right before we lost her.  I miss my little orphan!  Glad to see a happy ending to that story.

photo DSC00058.jpg

BEAUTIFUL furbaby! I love orange kitties!

Valued Contributor

Me too @italia8140!  And she also had 4 double paws that looked like giant mittens...hence the name.  Cat Very Happy  You love all of your furbabies, but your first one always holds a special place in your heart.  Wish one of those little gingers was coming home to me!

Honored Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

Precious animals and they knew that the men were a way to get help.  We are responsible to this earth and for this earth and all her creatures that live upon her with us. 

I could only "heart" your post once, but I would have hearted it a hundred times if I could have.

Honored Contributor

We just watched the video on YouTube. 💖💖 to those two young men.  

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@songbird wrote:

Cats (like dogs) are natural swimmers.  It's just that they are fussy over cleaning themselves.  Some cats go to the water, some don't.  So they do the doggie paddle too.

There's a cat breed that actually enjoys swimming...

when they're in the mood, of course! 

the Turkish Van:

video_439621_0.jpg (450×256)

bb15358f-s.jpg (500×373)

Respected Contributor

Catfish is a big deal in AL but this is crazy.  Lucky kitties.