Esteemed Contributor

First trip to Costco in Pandemic

DH and I made a 6 hr roundtrip to Cave Creek Costco.  Wow!  They nailed it!  Everyone had a mask (of course) and it was downright breezy in there (lots of fans, including a huge ceiling fan over registers which I hadn't previously noticed.  Sign in better jewelry stated no tryons, take a photo with your phone and show it to cashier.  No samples (bet they're gone for quite sonetime) and so much chicken (all cooked and shredded (maybe due to processing plants killing many chickens?).  Best part (especially for employees) was all the plexiglass near checkout (it was everywhere-- better protection then anywhere I've seen; including Sams).

Honored Contributor

Re: First trip to Costco in Pandemic

@patbz wrote:

DH and I made a 6 hr roundtrip to Cave Creek Costco.  Wow!  They nailed it!  Everyone had a mask (of course) and it was downright breezy in there (lots of fans, including a huge ceiling fan over registers which I hadn't previously noticed.  Sign in better jewelry stated no tryons, take a photo with your phone and show it to cashier.  No samples (bet they're gone for quite sonetime) and so much chicken (all cooked and shredded (maybe due to processing plants killing many chickens?).  Best part (especially for employees) was all the plexiglass near checkout (it was everywhere-- better protection then anywhere I've seen; including Sams).

@patbz   Six HOURS!!!  Wow that's a long drive just to go to Costco! LOL! 

My Costco is only 15-20 minutes away but I've been a bit fearful of going.  I might go at some point in the next month or so.

Respected Contributor

@patbz  I agree...Costco is a first class place in everyway; from servicing its customers, to top notch employees and best selection of groceries/other goods!  They certainly know what they're doing; and do it well!

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Respected Contributor

this must be a companywide policy because I took the plunge and went to my local Costco about 20 minutes down the road. They do have a well thought out plan, I felt very comfortable. All workers had masks, and all customers had masks.

they have a big board out front so that you can see if there are any critical things that they are out of stock before you even have to get in line. The only thing they were very short on were uncooked chickens. Otherwise everything was well stocked.

Esteemed Contributor

@patbz Off topic, but Hubs and I drove from Sedona to Cave Creek last October. Great people. Enjoyed our exploring. We are Costco folks, too. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Valued Contributor

I have been to other places but not to Costco.

I have ordered had it delivered (took a few weeks--did not need urgently) from Costco.

A few of the neighbors have been. I guess I am just a bit afraid.

Thanks for relating your experience.

Respected Contributor

Costco has done the best job of keeping employees and customers safe and informed since this pandemic began. I've been in Costco or Sam's club every week.

Honored Contributor

we just got back

long line to get in.  

but everything but a few < 3 things in stock 

other than samples and pizza not there, much the same

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@patbz wrote:

@patbz   Six HOURS!!!  Wow that's a long drive just to go to Costco! LOL! 

My Costco is only 15-20 minutes away but I've been a bit fearful of going.  I might go at some point in the next month or so.

you are in NJ aren't you,  I don't think you have anything to worry about 

Honored Contributor

Ours is only about 20 minutes from our house depending on traffic.  I haven't been yet, but hubby has been 2 or 3 times to pick up some of his essentials.  He said they had plenty of paper products last time he went (along with the signs saying they would not take returns on particular products).  Didn't say anything about having to stand in line to get in the store, but I also haven't had to stand in line to get into the grocery or Lowes although my SIL went to Lowes one morning and there was a line to get in as he was leaving the store.  I did have to stand in line to get into Joann's fabrics just to pick up some supplies to patch my yard work pants.