Honored Contributor

Re: First the good news, then the bad. 😃

The snap'd double cheese, oh my so good!!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

@Mindy D  Our draft horses love Club crackers.  They are a special treat for them.

Valued Contributor

I love the club crackers too. They also come in reduced fat. It helps a little. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Honored Contributor

I'm like that with Goldfish crackers! It's easy for me to believe because they're so little, I can eat more. I stopped bringing them in the house since I know myself! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D 

Ya lost me on the good part. For years eating crackers knowing they cause stomach distress? 

I use to love apples. Then decades later i discovered they didn't sit well in my digestive tract. No more apples, too many other foods I liked that didn't fight back.

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@hckynutjohn ...... I'm the same way with fresh apples, however, I'll all in with Costco's apple pies.  No problem!

I guess they need cooked and then they're fine. Cat LOL

Super Contributor

@Mindy D, you should never have read the label! I have been eating those crackers - occasionally - since the 60s, and they have always been absolutely delicious. With a salad, a little butter on them….😀. Wouldn’t do that now, unfortunately, but when I was young I could justify.
Super Contributor

I remember many years ago my family Dr -when you only had one Dr- told my mother /best weight lost program was pushing yourself away from the table !!’
Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs ,  ditto, I can never find a savory, crunchy snack that is still healthy, etc.

The closest I've found is roasted chickpeas.   They have protein and fiber, good carbs, etc.

For anyone who wants to try, the online site "Love and Lemons" has a basic recipe where you throw canned chickpeas on a baking sheet, seasoned and salted to your liking, and roast at 425 degrees till crispy.

You do have to pat them dry well before seasoning and roasting, or they won't crisp up in that yummy way that makes them a decent sub for chips or nuts.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I'm addicted to Cheez-It crackers. I can sit and eat them mindlessly. Treadmill is waiting...LOL!Woman LOL

@SilleeMee 

The white cheddar?

That's a habit I need to break. Woman Embarassed

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~