Honored Contributor

First problem with amazon

[ Edited ]

I had ordered spray for my dog, got a note in my mailbox this morning ,post office had a pkg.that was leaking ,come to office , i did  package seems empty, i go on chat to amazon, tell them what happened, i wanted charge taken off my card ,gave them the post masters  name ,where to call, she was upset with getting leaking packages,  well they want to wait for a few days before giving me a refund,then he tells me they may sens a new one, i wanted refund.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Re: First problem with amazon

@goldensrbest wrote:

I had ordered spray for my dog, got a note in my mailbox this morning ,post office had a pkg.that was leaking ,come to office , i did  package seems empty, i go on chat to amazon, tell them what happened, i wanted charge taken off my card ,gave them the post masters  name ,where to call, she was upset with getting leaking packages,  well they want to wait for a few days before giving me a refund,then he tells me they may sens a new one, i wanted refund.

Did Amazon tell you that your refund could take a few days until they process this as a damaged item....or to just wait a few days?  

Honored Contributor

Try again that does not sound like a typical Amazon answer

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

That's not an Amazon problem.  It's only an Amazon problem if you don't get a refund OR a replacement.  Either the vendor didn't package the product properly or something happened to it in the Post Office.  Either way, right now it is not an Amazon problem.  Give them time to resolve it for you.  It was a 3rd party vendor and that is why they can't just refund you now.  You purchased it from that vendor, not Amazon.  So, they have to contact the vendor to find out if they want to refund or replace it.

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

Did Amazon tell you that your refund could take a few days until they process this as a damaged item....or to just wait a few days?  

To wait a few days.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Some how the entire bottle leaked out .Post master said she had two packages just today ,that were all wet ,from leaking.Sold from amazon services.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think you should have been issued your refund immediately and usually Amazon is good about doing so. I had a shipment (gallon of fish fertilizer) ordered from Amazon to open and spill all over the back of the UPS truck. It took days of searching for the undelivered package. Amazon asked if we could give it a few more days as to find out what was going on with the shipment. We finally got UPS to tell the truth about the package. Amazon asked if I wanted a replacement.

I was skeptical at first thinking it would spill again but eventually told them not to ship another gallon.They refunded me and my funds were in my account within days. I eventually ordered the fertilizer but in smaller containers. I discovered it may be an issue with liquids because the box was damaged (improperly packaged by the vendor) when it arrived but the contents was still inside the bottle. Thank goodness I found the fertilizer in a local store and did not have to order again.

Honored Contributor

This was a first for me ,i agree they always give a refund ,if problem, but not this time ,only ever had a handful of problems in 8 years.

Esteemed Contributor

How problems are handled by Amazon depends on whether the item is sold by Amazon, sold by a vendor but fulfilled by Amazon or is strictly a third party sale.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

I ordered a couple items on the same order last month.  As best I can determine the smaller was placed in the same box as the larger one.  It wasn't in the box nor did I get it separately.  I have twice completed the proper CS form which assures me I'll get a response in 12 hours max.  I have not received any response.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment