Respected Contributor

Re: First peony to bloom this season!

So pretty.  We are expecting snow in the Denver area tomorrow night, so I'll just enjoy your bloom this year.  

Honored Contributor

Lovely - Lovely updated their cover photo.

Honored Contributor

I love Peonies with their fullness.  A bouquet of them would be wonderful.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Beautiful flower and a nice picture!  Just think - they will soon be falling all over the place.  Curved stakes (from Gardeners.com) are useful supports for peonies.

They always bloom on or around Pentecost, which is on June 5 this year. Hence the German word for peonies, Pfingstrosen.  Pfingst = Pentecost. 

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Beautiful flower and a nice picture!  Just think - they will soon be falling all over the place.  Curved stakes (from Gardeners.com) are useful supports for peonies.

They always bloom on or around Pentecost, which is on June 5 this year. Hence the German word for peonies, Pfingstrosen.  Pfingst = Pentecost. 

@ValuSkr    yes!  i just checked a few of my peony pics - June 4th.   One of my favorite flowers!   Heavenly fragrance.  We have pink, ruby red and white. . Just divided them last fall.

Honored Contributor

@dancingwoman 

JUST GORGEOUS!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

What a beauty, back in Indiana, where i was born ,it is the state flower ,every one almost has them what a sweet smell.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

So pretty. @dancingwoman 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

A big, beautiful and smiling flower.  

Lovely.

Honored Contributor

Don't you love Peonies?  They are such a coveted flower.  Not every one has the soil, weather to grow them. They take a bit of knowledge on where to plant them, and many take forever to bloom as well. Once they are established they can grow well. My neighbor has peonies the size of a small cantalope, lol.  Lavender to boot.  I  planted bulbs once, took two years before they started to give blooms.  Then when they were doement my husband dug them up and tossed them out as weeds.