Honored Contributor

Re: First my dog Cody and now this?

@suzyQ3 I'm so sorry, it's so much to handle. 

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3  I'm sorry for the hard times that have been plagueing you and loved ones.

As The Big Book, 'Alcoholics Anonymous' states: it's life on life's own terms.

That doesnt make it hurt less, though.

Prayers and thoughtsHeart

Esteemed Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

I had a Golden Retriever who died of prostate cancer.  According to my Vet goldens are prone to cancer. 

I was just thinking that perhaps it has something to do with the breed and then I saw your post.  

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

Sorry to hear about Shay and your daughter's distress.

I will tell you, though, that my neighbor's German Sherpherd mix had a tumor on her leg as well.  The biopsy was positive for cancer.  She underwent surgery and is now in perfect health!  She went back for a check up 6 months later and no traces found.  She's back to her normal, active self.  So there is hope.

Will keep positive thoughts for a good outcome and sending lots of healing energy to Shay.  Dogs are the best.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Unfortunately Golden Retrievers are known to have a very high rate of cancers.  I recently read that some vet school (can't remember which) is doing a comprehensive study on this breed and the rate of them having cancers.  They're such nice dogs it's a shame but I'd think twice before getting one for that reason.  Too much heartache.

@Kachina624 

The Morris Foundation is doing a three year study on Golden’s.  There are 3000 dogs participating.  Yes, the incidence of cancer in Golden’s and Labradors is very high.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 

Blessings to Cody, Shay, and your family.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well I have a few choice words for this situation, @suzyQ3, but I had best not use them here! I am so sorry to hear the news about Shay on top of you basically just receiving such heart breaking news about Cody.

I am with the others in hoping that Shay's age will have a better outcome in treatment.   Hugs to you  ((((((suzyQ3)))))

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Esteemed Contributor

So sorry to hear about the illnesses in your family.  Our pets are our family,I hope it gets better for you all.  When my dogs are sick,I get sick with worry.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

I am very sorry to hear about Cody and Shea.  It’s so much to deal with.  Been through it so many times so I completely understand how deeply it affects us.  Prayers to you and your daughter for the best outcomes.

Honored Contributor

All you can do is pray and hope they recover.  It's all part of life and unfortunately some things are not pleasant at all.  Wishing boh dogs have a full recovery.  

kindness is strength