Honored Contributor

First confirmed death by Monkeypox in the US...

[ Edited ]

More than 24,200 confirmed cases had been reported in the U.S. as of Wednesday.  Worldwide, there have been over 63,100 cases and 20 confirmed deaths.

California has the most confirmed cases in the US.

Still, complications and deaths from monkeypox remain extremely rare.

Honored Contributor

Re: First confirmed death by Monkeypox in the US...

Oh, I have so much I'd like to say about Monkeypox but I would be banned for life.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

Oh, I have so much I'd like to say about Monkeypox but I would be banned for life.

I still wear a vinyl glove on my right hand when I push a shopping cart, open a refrigerator or freezer case at the supermarket and push buttons on the checkout thingy.  Not really because of Covid so much as not wanting to have anything called MonkeyPox.  Ugh.

I did get my second booster a noon time, and hope I don't get my delayed 12 hour flu at midnight.  Wish me luck!

Respected Contributor

For those curious - the first confirmed monkeypox fatality was recorded in Los Angeles County, KTLA reported.

Esteemed Contributor

Check my math but it looks like:

.000073 of the population

Esteemed Contributor

(thread title)

@San Antonio Gal 

Wondering what the purpose is for this thread. Care to inform me?

hckynut(john)🥅🏒 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

I still wear a vinyl glove on my right hand when I push a shopping cart, open a refrigerator or freezer case at the supermarket and push buttons on the checkout thingy.  Not really because of Covid so much as not wanting to have anything called MonkeyPox.  Ugh.

I did get my second booster a noon time, and hope I don't get my delayed 12 hour flu at midnight.  Wish me luck!

That's not how monkey pox is transmitted.  It's an STD. 

Honored Contributor

It has been reported to survive on surfaces and to be contagious that way.

I laugh at the banned for life comments I have seen here recently, considering many of the things I see posted here that no one even blinks at or receives any consequences for.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@vsm @It's not solely transmitted that way. If you hold hands with someone with a pox on their hand you could contract it. If you slept in the bedding used by someone with active picks you could get it. Pets have got it sleeping in the same bed as infected owners. If you use the same towel as an infected person with lesions on the hands you can contract it that way.  One man got it from dancing at a club. It can remain on fabrics for awhile and can be picked up when transferred onto uncovered skin. Contact with infected wild animals is one of the main modes of transmission in Africa. 

Honored Contributor

OMG can we stop with the constant hall monitoring?  The mods will take care of things.

Nobody here is in charge of these discussions.  Nobody.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh