Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Zero hedge dot com has had lots of interesting chatter to...

Microsoft Fires 7,800: Second Biggest Mass Layoff In Its History.
Honored Contributor

Re: Zero hedge dot com has had lots of interesting chatter to...

esmeraldagooch wrote:
Zero hedge dot com has had lots of interesting chatter today. Now their site is down...

working fine for me right now.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: First United Airlines, now the NYSE and WSJ

United Flights were halted earlier because of this.  I think for a couple of hours but they have all resumed. 

Esteemed Contributor

Interesting day, for sure. The canary in the coal mine has begun to sing.

Esmerelda, thanks for reminding me of Zero Hedge. Off to read what they have to say.

Respected Contributor

I dont believe them.  Something is going on.  3 major problems today...not a coincidence.

Respected Contributor

Worrisome for sure. I had to go to the County offices and their entire phone system was down. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

As I've said a hundred times before, keep those recent paper statements, and other documents, etc.  Better than nothing at all.  Some proof is better than no proof.    Also, when ordering online, print out those order confirmations.   Just in case.  Only takes a few minutes.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Unfortunately, all that paper just fills up land fills and/or puts your ID @ risk if not disposed of properly. In these terms, nothing IS better.

No bank will honor a piece of paper as Legal Tender...but if one feels better with this false security, than who am I to judge.
Esteemed Contributor

Interestingly enough, today the NYSE operated smoothly. And can you believe the Chinese markets, first time in a month posted gains! How ya like that for coincidences? We must have all agreed to be nice to each other in the 3 hours it took to resolve the issues.

That "paper trail" isn't going to do you any good if the banks run dry. Or if they limit withdrawals at the ATM.

Just sayin' the canary is singing more loudly every single day.

Honored Contributor

I'm guessing the FDIC would want a paper 'something', like they used to.  It's not a matter of banks running dry, it's a matter of scrambled electronic records.  It's always a good idea to know your bank managers, be visible, etc.  But, storing a few paper statements and paper documents order confirmations is such an easy thing, IMO.  Just dump them in a large plastic bin, if necessary, and keep in the garage, etc.   I'm also thinking that the majority of identity theft is done electronically.  I just can't imagine that the culprits have enough ambition to actually dig through the landfill.  (lol)

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).