Honored Contributor

Re: First United Airlines, now the NYSE and WSJ

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

My thought was or is....

People living in Greece need their money from their investments of stocks.  Their Banks went down or they are allowing token amount.    So maybe thousands of people cashed out their stocks.  Causing a large downward drop of different stocks.   So the NYSE closed down the stock exchange.   My tiny guess.  

They are actually two completely different and mostly separate financial worlds but it does make some sense doesn't it?  Smiley Happy

Have no fear.  The Greek economy is not big enough to take ours down.  

Thousands of Americans live in Greece and invest in our NYSE. 

And they are still not a big enough group (including all of them with all of the Greeks who also have investment accounts or did) large enough to bring down the American stock market.  

Respected Contributor

for two days I have had trouble ordering from the Q on line. 

Then yesterday I could not retrieve my email from AOL. and this am was not able ot access stories on my on line newspaper.

We have repeatedly shut down our computer and unplugged everything. Very wierd!

Has anyone else had these problems?

Honored Contributor

@hennypenny wrote:

for two days I have had trouble ordering from the Q on line. 

Then yesterday I could not retrieve my email from AOL. and this am was not able ot access stories on my on line newspaper.

We have repeatedly shut down our computer and unplugged everything. Very wierd!

Has anyone else had these problems?

No problems at all.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

absolutely no problems for me hennypenny. i have aol email and can access it via my laptop and phone. checked my bank accounts this morning as i always do. checked some of my credit cards as i always do. accessed the baltimore sun and the san diego union tribune as i was drinking my coffee. i am also able to access all features of qvc.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Could we have done this to create problems for another country?  

Who started this first?  Them or us?

Just guessing folks....nothing else.   I know squat.

Respected Contributor

Hmmm, thanks everyone.

When I was having trouble with the Q I did talk to customer service and they took my phone order and then said they would report my problem.

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

My thought was or is....

People living in Greece need their money from their investments of stocks.  Their Banks went down or they are allowing token amount.    So maybe thousands of people cashed out their stocks.  Causing a large downward drop of different stocks.   So the NYSE closed down the stock exchange.   My tiny guess.  

They are actually two completely different and mostly separate financial worlds but it does make some sense doesn't it?  Smiley Happy

No, but China's is, and their stock exchange is on the brink of crashing.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

My thought was or is....

So we could have shut it down to protect our investors.  Makes sense.  

Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

My thought was or is....

Completely agree.  If China continues to drop as it has, they are a big enough economy to dole out worldwide repercussions.  Shame cause I made a ton of money off of them for the past few years.  They were my best emerging market. 

Respected Contributor

Zero hedge dot com has had lots of interesting chatter to...

Zero hedge dot com has had lots of interesting chatter today. Now their site is down...