Valued Contributor

Re: First United Airlines, now the NYSE and WSJ

@terrier3 wrote:

@garmer wrote:

I hadn't heard about the WSJ. Three cant' be a coincidence IMO.

They think WSJ might be down because so many people turn to them for financial news...worldwide.

Oh, thanks for that info. I heard about United this AM, then NYSE. I just turned CNN on after I read your post.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been warning everyone for years to keep several of your latest bank statements (on paper).  Nothing is better than paper, for retrieving $$$$.  Never depend on 'technology'.  And that goes for anything/everything. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

What would a piece of paper provide? Statements can be forged & amounts can be changed...a statement would be pointless.
Honored Contributor

It doesn't matter if it's internal/external, (schmoozel/schmaazel), keep those paper statements/records/whatever else.  Just keeping a personal ledger won't get anyone anywhere.   As my mom would say:  'Mark my words'.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Better than nothing at all...............

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Cash in your hands is better than nothing at all.

Take your statements to your bank when they're out of cash. See how much better you'll feel?

Honored Contributor

If there was a coming of a New World Order, several cases of whiskey, cigarettes & a couple pair of stripper shoes would carry one further than anything...! =Smiley Very Happy
Respected Contributor

My thought was or is....

People living in Greece need their money from their investments of stocks.  Their Banks went down or they are allowing token amount.    So maybe thousands of people cashed out their stocks.  Causing a large downward drop of different stocks.   So the NYSE closed down the stock exchange.   My tiny guess.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

My thought was or is....

People living in Greece need their money from their investments of stocks.  Their Banks went down or they are allowing token amount.    So maybe thousands of people cashed out their stocks.  Causing a large downward drop of different stocks.   So the NYSE closed down the stock exchange.   My tiny guess.  

They are actually two completely different and mostly separate financial worlds but it does make some sense doesn't it?  Smiley Happy

Have no fear.  The Greek economy is not big enough to take ours down.  

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@onewhiteSparrow wrote:

My thought was or is....

They are actually two completely different and mostly separate financial worlds but it does make some sense doesn't it?  Smiley Happy

Have no fear.  The Greek economy is not big enough to take ours down.  

Thousands of Americans live in Greece and invest in our NYSE.