Esteemed Contributor

Re: First Trucks carrying the vaccine

[ Edited ]

@Cats3000 :  Look at stats for Native Americans in AZ ( most in my county) and N.M.  They are impacted in a profound way by Covid.  In addition, many of them live in multi generational homes in very rural settings ( no running water).  Its often on the news and its true.  President of Navajo Nation has spoken up and Apaches are also very impacted. These people are often lacking in essential services.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MorningLover wrote:
KatieB wrote:
morning lover wrote:

Operation Warp Speed has been a total success. American ingenuity rose to the occasion and now we’re looking to distribute covid vaccines in a matter of weeks. Thank's to all researchers, scientists, and medical professionals who worked nonstop this past year.

Before Operation Warp Speed, the typical timeline for vaccine development and approval lasted years.

Scientists have been working on a vaccine for corona viruses long before Covid-19 existed.

Yes and Operation Warp Speed cut through the red tape.

From my previous post...

Historically, vaccine development, testing and approval take years, in part because of tight resources. The goal of Operation Warp Speed is to break down hurdles and produce and deliver 300 million doses of safe and effective COVID-19 vaccines by January 2021, about a year after the novel coronavirus emerged in China. Beyond vaccines, Operation Warp Speed also oversees the accelerated development, manufacturing and distribution of therapeutics and diagnostics for COVID-19.

Operation Warp Speed, launched in May, is a partnership among agencies within the Department of Health and Human Services and the Defense Department. HHS is leading vaccine development efforts while the Defense Department is helping guide distribution.

~hhh.gov

I know that you are trying very hard to to make a political point here, @MorningLover. How about we say that it is a collaboration? In fact, we should also applaud those involved all around the globe.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

WV Governor Jim Justice was vaccinated yesterday during his daily Covid briefing.  

The VA called today asking if my husband would be interested in taking the shot whenever vaccine becomes available to them; I said yes, so he's on their list.  

Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

WV Governor Jim Justice was vaccinated yesterday during his daily Covid briefing.  

The VA called today asking if my husband would be interested in taking the shot whenever vaccine becomes available to them; I said yes, so he's on their list.  

Hooray! I'm so glad for you both!

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@MorningLover wrote:
KatieB wrote:
morning lover wrote:

Operation Warp Speed has been a total success. American ingenuity rose to the occasion and now we’re looking to distribute covid vaccines in a matter of weeks. Thank's to all researchers, scientists, and medical professionals who worked nonstop this past year.

Before Operation Warp Speed, the typical timeline for vaccine development and approval lasted years.

Scientists have been working on a vaccine for corona viruses long before Covid-19 existed.

From my previous post...

Historically, vaccine development, testing and approval take years, in part because of tight resources. The goal of Operation Warp Speed is to break down hurdles and produce and deliver 300 million doses of safe and effective COVID-19 vaccines by January 2021, about a year after the novel coronavirus emerged in China. Beyond vaccines, Operation Warp Speed also oversees the accelerated development, manufacturing and distribution of therapeutics and diagnostics for COVID-19.

Operation Warp Speed, launched in May, is a partnership among agencies within the Department of Health and Human Services and the Defense Department. HHS is leading vaccine development efforts while the Defense Department is helping guide distribution.

~hhh.gov

I know that you are trying very hard to to make a political point here, @MorningLover. How about we say that ti is a collaboration? In fact, we should also applaud those involved all around the globe. 

No political point @suzyQ3 .. I  addressed ALL groups involved.  Sorry you read it that way. Good Day!

Respected Contributor

@CherryHugsNO, NO, a thousand times no.  Talk to your doctor.  He/she has your complete medical history and will know whethr or not the vaccine is safe for you.

Honored Contributor

If crediting a favorite program makes a some people more interested in getting vaccinated I'm all for crediting that program.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@MorningLover wrote:
KatieB wrote:
morning lover wrote:

From my previous post...

~hhh.gov

I disagree with the way you look at this.  That's all I can say without getting poofed.  @MorningLover 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My DIL is a member of the Navajo Nation  and lives in NM.  She told us that every member of NN is getting vaccinated in first wave. The Apaches that live in our county hopefully get same priority when Moderna is approved.

Esteemed Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

That's great @RedTop .  The VA hospital here in New Orleans has actually started administering the vaccine, along with one in Massachusetts.  It sounds as if the others won't be too far behind. 

WASHINGTON —  The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) announced today, the New Orleans and Bedford, Massachusetts VA Medical Centers are the first two department facilities to begin administration of COVID-19 vaccinations to frontline health care employees and Veterans residing in long-term care Community Living and Spinal Cord Injury and Disorder centers.

See here for a photo of the first VA patient to receive the vaccine.

Both facilities are part of the initial group of 37 VA medical centers across the country that began receiving and administering the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine this week.

The sites were chosen for their ability to vaccinate large numbers of people and store the vaccines at extremely cold temperatures.

COVID-19 vaccine implementation will include an initial limited-supply phase followed by a general implementation phase, when large supplies of the vaccine become available.

“Ultimately, the department’s goal is to offer the vaccine to all Veterans receiving care at VA,” said VA Secretary Robert Wilkie. “As increased vaccine supply is obtained, VA plans to distribute these vaccines at additional facilities to provide the vaccine to more Veterans and employees.”

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett