Honored Contributor

First Pitch - a 9/11 tribute show

It will air tonight from 7:30 - 8:00 p.m. on ESPN 2 - for anyone who's interested. It's about how then President Bush's first pitch at the Yankee's  baseball game helped the nation heal, and features interviews with both political and sports figures. I set the DVR as we will be at a remembrance ceremony. 

Honored Contributor

Re: First Pitch - a 9/11 tribute show

[ Edited ]

@beach-mom

My sports radio station, The Ticket 1310 here in Dallas, had President Bush on for a segment to talk about...of course, the Rangers, but also about the '30 for 30' show on ESPN.  Interesting interview...talked about throwing out the 1st pitch for that first game being played after 9/11.  

President Bush has been interviewed before...and since he lives in Dallas, he's a big listener of The Ticket sports station!  Woot.

Good interview.  It's about 10-15 minutes.

http://www.theunticket.com/ticket-shows-9-9-15/

1.  Click on (2) The Hardline

2.  Fast forward to 2:15 mark

3.  Worth it...Guaranteed!  Enjoy.

Honored Contributor

sidsmom - Thanks for posting this link! I just listened to it. It's been a busy weekend and I haven't watched the show yet. If I can pull DH away from baseball I might do that now. I want him to listen to this broadcast too. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beach-mom wrote:

sidsmom - Thanks for posting this link! I just listened to it. It's been a busy weekend and I haven't watched the show yet. If I can pull DH away from baseball I might do that now. I want him to listen to this broadcast too. Smiley Happy

@beach-mom

OMG!  This makes me happy you enjoyed!  I adore this station...we're called "P1" if listening.  You're an honorary member!  

Are you a baseball fan? 

#43 was on the station back in 2009....here's the interview, if interested.

http://www.theunticket.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/norm-bush.mp3

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@beach-mom

OMG!  This makes me happy you enjoyed!  I adore this station...we're called "P1" if listening.  You're an honorary member!  

Are you a baseball fan? 

#43 was on the station back in 2009....here's the interview, if interested.

http://www.theunticket.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/norm-bush.mp3

sidsmom - TY for making me an honorary member! I AM a baseball fan, although not as much as I used to be. We are actually a house divided here!  Smiley Wink Right now, in the end of the season, DH comes in the house and turns the game on. He has MLB.com. and watches every night! You're lucky to have that station, and I appreciate the link. I will listen to it in a little while! Smiley Happy