Reply
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,765
Registered: ‎11-08-2014

Re: First Lady

Like most non-medical people, I suppose, I know almost nothing about this kind of kidney condition.  Very glad though, to hear that they have used the "benign" terminology, which is probably music to every patient's ears!

 

Wishing Mrs. Trump the very best possible outcome, minimal pain, a speedy recovery, and seamless return to her normal routine and duties.

Highlighted
Contributor
Posts: 27
Registered: ‎11-25-2017

Re: First Lady

 

Not a fan. But I'm sure she'll be fine. She has the top notch care. 

 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,235
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: First Lady

[ Edited ]



@suzyQ3   i am assuming that most people don't know Mrs Trump personally, so it is so nice to see an outpouring of support and well wishes for her just out of the goodness of people's hearts.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,580
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: First Lady


@ms traditional wrote:

amazing how trying times tend to bring out the best and the humanity in most people. 


@ms traditional, I'm not sure to what your referring. Are you talking about the posters here, or are you talking about Ms. Trump? 

 

 


~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,137
Registered: ‎09-18-2010

Re: First Lady


@Jilly Marie wrote:
I wonder how many of us would be permitted a week in the hospital for this same procedure?

I had a kidney tumor removed a few years ago. It was an angiolipoma. I don't know if that is what Melania had or not.

Mine was found when I went to er for pelvic pain. It was not the cause of the pelvic pain, and I was referred to my regular dr, who informed me I had a kindey tumor. He sent me to a specialist. The specialist said we would just watch it. I ended up getting a second opinion and he said we would watch it, too. So, every 6 months, I had to get an cat scan or mri, and when it grew to 5 cm they removed it, saying it could start bleeding and I could literally bleed to death.

We have had insurance since we have been married, 30 years ago, so I did have insurance at the tme.

But, my drs all chose to wait in my case.  From what I saw on the news earlier, that was not the case with Melania, if what was reported on HLN was accurate.

And I was suppose to go home the day after the surgery, but was so sick from anesthesia I had to stay an extra day. Still was not there all week.

I do wish Melania all the best and I feel for her.

Highlighted
Contributor
Posts: 27
Registered: ‎11-25-2017

Re: First Lady

[ Edited ]

@ms traditional wrote:



@suzyQ3   i am assuming that most people don't know Mrs Trump personally, so it is so nice to see an outpouring of support and well wishes for her just out of the goodness of people's hearts.


 

Thank you for your explanation @ms traditional.

 

A very weird thing happened tho that my notification feed says 

 

@"ms traditional @mentioned you in Re: First Lady ‎05-14-2018 06:16 PM" 

 

and when I click on it

it brings me to this post I quoted.

 

But you actually posted to @suzyQ3.

Note to Mods, please:

please report a new Tech bug. It's giving us other posters notifications.  Sorry it's slightly off topic but thought you'd want to have someone look into it while you can look at my notifications and see the bug.

thanks!

Smiley Happy

 

 

 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,945
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: First Lady


@Jilly Marie wrote:
I wonder how many of us would be permitted a week in the hospital for this same procedure?

@Jilly Marie  Probably about as many of us as have 24-hour Secret Service agents.  Which eliminates me right there. . . 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,235
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: First Lady


@danniglennell wrote:

@ms traditional wrote:



@suzyQ3   i am assuming that most people don't know Mrs Trump personally, so it is so nice to see an outpouring of support and well wishes for her just out of the goodness of people's hearts.


 

Very weird. My notification feed says 

 

@"ms traditional @mentioned you in Re: First Lady ‎05-14-2018 06:16 PM" 

 

and brings me to this post.

But you actually posted to @suzyQ3.

Note to Mods please: please report a new Tech bug. Sorry it's slightly off topic but thought you'd want to have someone look into it while you can look at my notifications and see the bug.

thanks!

Smiley Happy

 

 

 


@danniglennell 

 

actually i was responding to you at first - but if appeared your post got poofed in the meantime,i believe. i then deleted my post - to empty it/make it blank.   and then Suzie asked me a question..  i simply went back and edited my empty post and answered her in that post block.  that is why it appears before her question.  a bit convoluted!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,654
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: First Lady

Wishing her a full recovery. ABC News said hospitalization of this length is customary with this procedure.

Highlighted
Contributor
Posts: 27
Registered: ‎11-25-2017

Re: First Lady


@ms traditional wrote:

@danniglennell wrote:

@ms traditional wrote:



@suzyQ3   i am assuming that most people don't know Mrs Trump personally, so it is so nice to see an outpouring of support and well wishes for her just out of the goodness of people's hearts.


 

Very weird. My notification feed says 

 

@"ms traditional @mentioned you in Re: First Lady ‎05-14-2018 06:16 PM" 

 

and brings me to this post.

But you actually posted to @suzyQ3.

Note to Mods please: please report a new Tech bug. Sorry it's slightly off topic but thought you'd want to have someone look into it while you can look at my notifications and see the bug.

thanks!

Smiley Happy

 

 

 


@danniglennell 

 

actually i was responding to you at first - but if appeared your post got poofed in the meantime,i believe. i then deleted my post - to empty it/make it blank.   and then Suzie asked me a question..  i simply went back and edited my empty post and answered her in that post block.  that is why it appears before her question.  a bit convoluted!


 

Thank you @ms traditional!

 

Its still on my notifications so maybe the Q Social Team can report it.

 

I appreciate your follow up. Weird website.