Regular Contributor

Re: Fireworks at the Back Fence

Lovin' all the pics of our fine feathered friends! Thanks, Bird Mama! Hope you got the lab results that you wanted.

Jim saw his VA doc yesterday and his blood sugar was 103! He was ecstatic! The doc said all the other labs were fine so he was a happy camper when he got home!

Well the lift for my scooter came in a couple of weeks ago, but they're still waiting on the trailer hitch. I can't imagine why it's taking so long and will a happy lady when we get the call to take the car in.

My brother had surgery yesterday and he did fine. I'd like to talk to him, but am sure he's not up to a call this soon so I'll be patient and wait a couple more days.

Freddy, did you take Davy home? I'm sure he appreciates the structured life you have; regular bed time and meal time as well as home cooked meals. No doubt he feels safe in this environment, but know it's somewhat difficult for you, but glad you're there for your family.

My plants on the patio are doing great from all of the rain we've had. It has been wonderful for our whole area.

Epi, how excitng for you to have your screened in deck - porch. Hope it won't take long. Glad you're able to be out and about some.

Happy Saturday all! Sue

Respected Contributor

Seems we are headed back up in the triple digits - am NOT happy about that. The experts say that by week end, we will be melting. Sigh. Right this minute, while early morning, it is a tad cool but super humid so you feel somewhat warm and it is hard to breathe. Oh my, had gotten use to the past few days of just beautiful weather - NO AC and could get some chores done outside - that is a blessing.

Davey was back in San Bernardino for a few days but now I have a house full again. LOL.

Rarely have aches per se but my back is bothering me and when I take a deep breath it smarts - will head for the Alleve as while I sure do not use them often, they really help. And like their ads say, once a day does the trick.

WE had boneless chicken breasts fixed with onions and barbeque sauce in the slow cooker. Also had broccoli with cheese sauce and fresh sliced watermelon. Was a good dinner and super easy to fix. Kids liked it too - imagine that. Wink

So upsetting about the plane shot down - still savages on this earth which truly bothers me. And humane workers and investigators have sure had to wait a long time before being allowed access to the site - that is inhumane.

Hope the weather is decent wherever you are. Haven't heard of really bad weather anywhere the past few days. That is not to say it is cool and calm but haven't heard of scorching heat. Am sure it is coming just like here. Sigh.

Hope all have a great day - am leaving some watermelon for everyone. Even brought along some salt for other hillbillys like me to sprinkle on their watermelon. OK, so I am not crazy but that is the way we older kids use to eat it. Go out and find a watermelon at my Grandparent's home, always take the salt shaker with us as that is what everyone did. Grew up in NC - what can I say. Nothing better than fresh picked warm watermelon with salt. LOL.

Have a good day!

Regular Contributor

Think I'll join you for some of that watermelon....sounds good and though I seldom use salt on it, this time it actually sounded tasty.

The weather's warm here and because of our recent rain is somewhat humid which is unusual for us and may be why I'm having such a difficult time breathing. My saturation has been going down into the 70ish and my pulse as low as 29. This occurs only when I walk; just sitting it's normal with my o2.

Yes, Freddie the situation in the Ukrane is deplorable; not only the fighting, but the lack of respect for the dead not to mention the cause of their death! Such disdain for humanity is sickening!

You need to have checked out that pain you're experiencing. Hope your company is helping you as I know there are many extra things to be done when there are extra people in the house.

Jim thought he was going to mow today, but decided it was a tad warm and I think he's already worn out from his morning errands and various jobs.

I called my brother last night to see how the surgery went as it had been 48 hours and I thought he'd feel like a brief chat, but he really didn't so didn't keep him though I told him he sounded good and he replied that sounds could be deceiving.

Happy Monday all! Sue

Trusted Contributor

I'll have some watermellon. Been eating a lot of it this summer. It's a good way to make sure I take in extra fluids. Birdmama. Hope your blood results are O.K. I am on statins, have high Coles., and high B/P. a lot of my problems are in my family. I have most of dinner done already at 3P.M. made potato salad, also got some tomatoes in oil £ vinegar setting in fridge. Just have to roast chicken later and were good to go. yesterday I made fresh peach and blueberry crisp, will leave some for you all.its soooo yummy!! found out yesterday my neighbor has breast cancer,she just turned 50. Is the nicest person. I get so angry when Ihear this. I lost both of my sisters to this Illness. Just seems like you hear more and more women with it. Is still hot and humid. would not mind a nice slow rain shower, know my flowers would like it. So guess my DH will put the soaker hose on,again... You all take care of yourselves!!!!!!
Trusted Contributor

Birdmama,have a question. How do you post a picture on the fence. would like to show off a picture or two of my flower garden. TIA, Epi
Honored Contributor

Hi Epi - if you are going to post a picture that you took, this site won't let you copy and paste straight from your computer. If you do facebook (and I don't), you might be able to paste your pictures on facebook then copy and paste to the fence.

What I ended up doing was setting up a free account on Photobucket. You can't store hundreds of pics with what's free but it works for me since I only post personal pics sometimes.

Once you sign up for Photobuck, you upload your pics from your computer there. You can 'lock' your album unless you want other people on Photobucket to see it.

Once you get your pics uploaded, you can edit then, like cropping or resizing. For example my pics of Fred and Ethel I resized to 400x300 or they would have ate the page (lol).

Once you get the pics the way you want them in your album on photobucket then you go to the first picture and right click on it and select copy. Then you come to the fence and right click and select paste. So basically you need two windows open, this one at the fence and the other one at the Photobucket.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

thanks Birdmama. My pictures are on Facebook,so I will give it a try later. thanks again for getting back to me so fast Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

Hello there fencers ~

I still don't have my bloodwork results yet and I am furious. I had the bloodwork on Wednesday the 16th first thing in the morning. I called the doctor's office on Monday 7-21. They left a message for me, at work at 6:30 after I left for the day. The girl at the office said all of the results had not come in but what had come in was looking good. Ummm - I was only supposed to have a lipid profile. I called back yesterday, 7-23 to ask what the lipid profile results were. I said, I didn't care about any other test, I just wanted the results of the lipid profile. The girl took my number and said they'd call me with the results. It's 24 hours later and I am still waiting. I think it's time for me to find a new doctor. The staff at that practice is useless.

I'm leaving some sherbert in the cooler at the fence

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Bird Mama, don't know how the medics in your area handle tests, etc but out here you cannot get any information over the phone. You have to go in and have your MD give it to you. Couple times I called looking for info and was met with a stone wall. I think some of it is state law but the secrecy today also drives you nuts. I HAVE had to call my MD about waiting for results and have found out I THINK he forgot to have his office call me for an appointment. I find medical care today very frustrating when it comes to info. Hang in there.

Going to be absolutely miserable here today - near 105 - and the humidity yesterday was terrible - more of the same today. The newscasts are all saying keep your animals, kids, etc INSIDE and cool. Not good weather for walks or anything else.

Am trying to get the bulk of my washing done as there is less electrical energy used in the early am so the electric company strongly SUGGESTS you use that time for washing, etc.

Hope all have a good day.

Regular Contributor

Since we're griping about doctor's I'll add one about Jim's cardiologist whom he saw today. He had labs done at VA last week and took in a copy today which he usually does and the labs were excellent. However, his doc just had to find something to gripe about which for him is not unusual (can you tell he's not one of my favorite people{#emotions_dlg.angry}?) so he decided that 1. he had to be lying when he said he was feeling fine. 2. his blood pressure was too high though it had just been taken and was also fine 3. he was not pleased with the labs and wanted him to have another one! Jim called him on this one and said it was the best lab result he'd had since his surgery and Jim said the doc just looked at him and didn't comment. Did I mention that this doctor is arrogant??? He also wanted him to have an ekg to make sure that his heart was not out of rhythm. So it showed that all was fine, but despite that he wanted him to have an echo, but Jim said he couldn't as he had another appt so he has to come back for that. This is a skilled doctor, but he needs a refresher course in bedside manner. Actully I'm pretty sure he was sick the day that was offered!!!

OK, that's all the ranting for today. Happy Thursday all! Sue