Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Fire at the Cosmopolitan Hotel in Las Vegas happening now

Smokes billows in Las Vegas. (Photo: Steve Marcus/Las Vegas Sun via AP)

Respected Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

When I stay at a high rise hotel, when I get to my room, I always think to myself, "How would I get out of here in an emergency?"

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Over the years, I've worked in several hotels and resorts.   During any emergency, we send staff to assist guests with evacuation.  (Hilton
Worldwide)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Over the years, I've worked in several hotels and resorts.   During any emergency, we send staff to assist guests with evacuation.  (Hilton
Worldwide)

Edited to add:    All hotels have elaborate security panels which would indicate smoke or fire in any area of the property, low pressure in the sprinkler system, etc.   Hotel staff would be aware of any impending emergency and would ensure action to protect our guests.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Floors 14 and 15 in the West End Tower were closed due to the sprinklers turning on...I assume that was automatic though the fire was below them on the adjoining roof top pool area where artifical trees that are highly flammable caught on fire.  Must have been very frightening for guests to see all that smoke from their windows.  

Respected Contributor

@kittywhipped wrote:

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggg..........how many of those artificial trees were on fire...................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Respected Contributor

@raven-blackbird wrote:

@kittywhipped wrote:

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggg..........how many of those artificial trees were on fire...................................raven

Hi Raven.....if you take a look at the link on post 3 some visitors posted videos or tweets from their rooms and one shows the artificial trees up in smoke.  Very scary.  

Respected Contributor

100s of people ran away onto Las Vegas Boulevard.  When one sees black smoke and gigantic flames people wonder if it is a possible terrorist attack.  Some were freaking out and recalling Sept 11.