Honored Contributor

Re: Fire at QVC’s NC distribution center

@Pearlee   For reasons known only to you and God, you started sniping at me years ago.  Anything I say to you is in self defense or defense of another hapless victim who is afraid of being bullied by you.  You are the self appointed judge of everyone here.  The mods need to put a stop to it.  You've terrorized people here for years.  You've never said a kind word to me, although I've tried to get along with you.  Only members of your clique get an occasional decent word.  Now you lay off of me.  I've had enough of it. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

All of the Jewelry items I've received the past few years were shipped from that warehouse.  I wondered if they were preparing orders to ship from Friday's jewelry shows.  How many customers will not receive their big diamond rings and other treasures?  I surely hope they're notified by email. 

Honored Contributor

I would think that QVC would know whether or not something was shipped or not from that warehouse and if they could tell that something never made it out, then they would refund the money, if unable to fulfill the order. 

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm    If an item never shipped, the customer was never charged.  Of course they know who placed orders for what and where the merchandise was located. 

Esteemed Contributor

QVC pledged to provide shutdown pay to all team members through the end of the month, as they continue to assess the next steps for 2022.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I haven't shopped QVC for clothing for a while, and all my jewelry (which I recently shopped) are from Florence South Carolina.  (UltraFine)  They have all shipped.  Some of my clothing might have come from there, but I don't really pay much attention to where they are from, other than the S.C. jewelry location.   The Ultrafine jewelry which I purchased during the jewelry all day sale were not from that plant.  I called Cust Serv.  He said they were'nt coming from that plant and I will receive them on the 24th.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jackthebear wrote:

@Pecky wrote:

I am so glad no one was hurt.  How sad with these tragedies. I see that ShopHQ's warehouse in Bowling Green KY was hit by the tornadoes.  

KY seems to be a big return/dist hub

isn't FedX based there too

You're correct.  I received all my 18K gold I ordered from ShopHQ and they were all shipped from Bowlling Green. they arrived on the 17th.  I did return one yesterday however.  So it might be a while before I'm credited back. My understanding was that the ShopHQ builidng wasn't badly damaged. I spoke to a ShopHQ cust rep and he said their buildling was barely damaged and they are still operating. It certainly didn't affect the shipping from that location. I talked to a cust serv rep from QVC and he said all my purchases from yesterday are fine & will receive them by the 24th.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Scorpio1971 wrote:

@Othereeeen wrote:

Read that the fire was so intense it overtook the fire suppression system...

Terrifying..

ALWAYS pay attention at work when they have fire safety drills ( if they have them).

And always know where the exits are when you're shopping.

Fire is a terrible way to die...

And in a massive building such as that how would you even know which way to get out if smoke just starts billowing in!  It's not so easy as though there is door that might be 15-20 feet away that woukd be accessable under other conditions. They would have a hike to exit that huge building.  This could have been a tragedy.  But I did hear on a national news cast that there is a report of 1 person missing & is being investigated.  Hoping it is someone who has not checked in with family and not a true tragedy.

@Scorpio1971 

With a building that large they would have fire drills yearly or at least they should have. I don't know if it varies by state but I work for a large County in California and we drill twice a year, once for earthquake and one for fire. This way you know what to do in case of an emergency,  how to exit and where to report. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

News coming out that 21 year old Kevon Ricks body was found by the loading dock at  the QVC warehouse.  He leaves a one year old baby and a fiancee.  He only worked there a few weeks.  How sad.

Honored Contributor

What sad news that Mr. Ricks perished in the warehouse fire.  Tragic on several levels.