Honored Contributor

Re: Fire at QVC’s NC distribution center

@icezeus wrote:

I am very glad that no employees or fire fighters were injured.  

QVC will have insurance and will recover.

As for receiving items, I only have one outstanding order with QVC, and I have no idea where it's coming from, and I really do not care. This is just stuff. The consumer can purchase something else and it will eventually be worked out.

Whats more important is all of the employees that are currently out of work due to this fire. 

Well said @icezeus .  As you said, I'm not worried about any orders.  This is just stuff that can be replaced.  I'm concerned about the impact job losses can have on the employees.

Agree - The Q has insurance and will be reimbursed for their losses.  Can't imagine what caused the fire.  The new CEO sure has a headache to deal with.  

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@icezeus wrote:

As for receiving items, I only have one outstanding order with QVC, and I have no idea where it's coming from, and I really do not care. This is just stuff. The consumer can purchase something else and it will eventually be worked out.

Whats more important is all of the employees that are currently out of work due to this fire. 

Well said @icezeus .  As you said, I'm not worried about any orders.  This is just stuff that can be replaced.  I'm concerned about the impact job losses can have on the employees.

Agree - The Q has insurance and will be reimbursed for their losses.  Can't imagine what caused the fire.  The new CEO sure has a headache to deal with.  

Q's insurance doesn't cover any lost customers. As someone else mentioned, Q had major shipping issues before this, now this happens!

Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@icezeus 

Yes, indeed.  The employees who will be, even if temporarily, impacted, is much more disheartening, especially at this time of year.

As one other poster mentioned, organizations do have a BC/DR plan in place to restore operations & I'm sure it is being implemented as we speak.

To be concerned about our orders and returns right now is disgustingly selfish.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am so sad to hear this. Thankfully, there was no loss of life.

I wonder if QVC will continue to be able present a full range of products

If they lost their inventory on items, they will not be available to present and deliver.

This is going to really impact QVC and their employees.  My thoughts and prayers are  with them.

Esteemed Contributor

I just found out about this when Jane mentioned it on air.

Terribe news.

Glad everyone is safe.

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@Pecky wrote:

I am so glad no one was hurt.  How sad with these tragedies. I see that ShopHQ's warehouse in Bowling Green KY was hit by the tornadoes.  

KY seems to be a big return/dist hub

isn't FedX based there too

@jackthebear Fedex is headquartered in Memphis.

So sad to see all the tragedy these past few weeks. Everyday I count more of my own blessings and just say thank you. ❤️

Honored Contributor

@threecees wrote:

I just found out about this when Jane mentioned it on air.

Terribe news.

Glad everyone is safe.

@threecees  - what did Jane say on air?  What prompted her to start talking about it?  Did she make an announcement?

Honored Contributor

I had occasion to stop by Rocky Mount, on business, almost 50 years ago.  The national (actually, international) company for which I worked was opening a Southeast Regional Operations Office in Miami.

Several of us who were selected to relocate for this office were also requested to visit major local offices along the way as we traveled south to our new home in Miami.  (There were several instances when our Mayflower van was on the highways along with us.)

Anyway, we stopped at the organization's office in Rocky Mount, and I will never forget that the manager was so gracious.  A heavy-set fellow, he wore an all-white suit (it was early September when we drove down, I think), and darned if he did not remind me of Colonel Sanders.   With this very slight -- but real -- contact, I have additional feelings for the people in this community.

Honored Contributor

QVC 

This morning, there was a fire at our QVC Rocky Mount, NC location. We are currently focused on our team. As we work to understand the full impact of this incident, including any impact to shipping and delivery, we'll share further details. Thank you for your patience.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@icezeus wrote:

@icezeus 

Yes, indeed.  The employees who will be, even if temporarily, impacted, is much more disheartening, especially at this time of year.

As one other poster mentioned, organizations do have a BC/DR plan in place to restore operations & I'm sure it is being implemented as we speak.

To be concerned about our orders and returns right now is disgustingly selfish.

@SurferWife  We found out right off the bat that no one was hurt. So, I don't think it's so "disgustingly selfish" to be concerned about orders and returns. But I do think there is no need to be so judgemental about people just airing their thoughts.