Honored Contributor

Re: Fire at QVC’s NC distribution center

Something like this could take QVC under.  Loss of sales over a long period. . . Yikes.

Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

I am so glad no one was hurt.  How sad with these tragedies. I see that ShopHQ's warehouse in Bowling Green KY was hit by the tornadoes.  

KY seems to be a big return/dist hub

isn't FedX based there too

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Very glad to read no first responders or employees were seriously hurt. What a terrible time for this to happen to the people that work there, a week before Christmas. Saying a prayer for them all.

Honored Contributor

I'm wondering how it happened.  I'm sure it will take a while to determine that.

Honored Contributor

QVC's Facebook post about 15 minutes ago:

QVC 

"This morning, there was a fire at our QVC Rocky Mount, NC location. We are currently focused on our team. As we work to understand the full impact of this incident, including any impact to shipping and delivery, we'll share further details. Thank you for your patience."
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

This was a massive fire involving 60-70% of a 1.2 million sq ft facility with about 30 fires departments responding.  I can't comprehend the lack of fire suppression equipment or it not functioning correctly.

A terrible hardship for this area, they say about 2500 families will be affected.

Valued Contributor

I just checked my 2 outstanding orders.  One package luckily left Rocky Mount at 8:22am yesterday morning and is already at a UPS location in my state.  Thankfully it was a bill to, ship to gift.  The other item was for me and is still showing "in process" so no telling which distribution center it will be leaving from at this point. 

Feel bad for those who have lost employment and hoping QVC does the right thing and provides income for a while to them.  Also feel bad for QVC because it will create a huge mess for their sales and business plan going forward for all items stored in that center.  They will have a major disruption to programming line-ups in future for several months, on top of all the supply chain issues everyone is experiencing.  Cannot sell what you no longer have.  If anyone had eyes on items as future TSV's, scheduled show line-ups, or even clearance items, their hopes my well be gone for those items.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bri369 

The state Fire Marshal is usually responsible for investigating such incidents as this, as well as any that may involve loss of life, possible arson, or other suspicious activities, so it will take a while unless something is immediately discovered.

Esteemed Contributor

I am very glad that no employees or fire fighters were injured.  

QVC will have insurance and will recover.

As for receiving items, I only have one outstanding order with QVC, and I have no idea where it's coming from, and I really do not care. This is just stuff. The consumer can purchase something else and it will eventually be worked out.

Whats more important is all of the employees that are currently out of work due to this fire. 

Trusted Contributor

I just got my last order from QVC from the mailbox an hour ago. According to tracking it originated from Rocky Mount NC.  I never really paid attention to that before.  It certainly makes this story strike close to home.   So glad there was no loss of life.