Valued Contributor

Re: Fingers Crossed QVC's Bob Mackie Wins a Tony for Best Costume Design of a Musical

I'll be hoping & watching, too!

Honored Contributor

Re: Fingers Crossed QVC's Bob Mackie Wins a Tony for Best Costume Design of a Musical

@golding76 

I sure hope he wins, too! Can’t imagine anyone more deserving. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Congratulations to the winner of the 2019 Tony Award for Best Costume

Design of a Musical:

@BobMackie for @TheCherShow #TonyAwards

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I Heart am so pleased to hear that

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bravo!  This is fantastic news!

I've been watching the show but missed it.  How?  Was cooking in between viewing.

I just went through my DVR recording, too, and there was no costume award presentation yet.  Was the award given earlier?

Honored Contributor

Best Costume Design of a Musical

Michael Krass, Hadestown
William Ivey Long, Beetlejuice
William Ivey Long, Tootsie
Bob MackieThe Cher Show **Winner**
Paul Tazewell, Ain't Too Proud - The Life and Times of the Temptations

I found the above info online.

Honored Contributor

@golding76,  Yes, it was part of an earlier awards ceremony.    They showed a brief clip on the live show and I managed to get a quick screen shot of his acceptance.   I hope the video will be available for us to see.   I’m a fan!❤️

5D5233B4-9B3A-484E-9C6F-1E30ED52F10E.jpeg

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Bless you, dooBdoo!  So very glad you captured this shot.

I wanted to see Bob accept the award if he won.

Shoot!  I had 60 Minutes on and then the show itself. 

When and where did you see it, on CBS?  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here's his acceptance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv0FjGppFj0

Bob Mackie is so adorable!  Why can't I take him home?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@golding76,  It was a quick clip on the live CBS show.   My screen shots are time stamped 8:23 p.m.    The live show began at 8, so we should be able to find it on a recording or if the show is available for re-broadcast.

eta:  I see you found it on YouTube while I was typing this post...  great!❤️