Honored Contributor

I got a COVID 19 Vaccine appointment!!  Our state is wide open 16 and over.  Even better, my appointment is for a Rite Aid pharmacy a block and a half from my house! My appointment is for next Thursday.  I feel like floating on clouds.

Oops I just checked.  It will be Morderna.  I don't mind, so long as I got a vaccine.

Honored Contributor

Congrats!  Smiley Happy  Yes, it is a good feeling.  I just had my first Moderna shot last week and I really felt good about it.    Hopefully, there, they do like here and once you've gotten your first one you are guaranteed your second one.

Before I got mine and was trying to get an appt, I was told that they had to hold what they had for second shot folks, leaving a bit of a shortage for new peeps, so I found that comforting that when my time comes they will have the stock for my second shot.   This was at the same Walgreen's where I got my first one so it's good to know that on the date they gave me for the next one they will have it available.

Honored Contributor

Congratulations! Woohoo! I totally relate. Woman Very Happy

She Went A Little Too Far... Pictures, Photos, and Images for Facebook,  Tumblr, Pinterest, and Twitter

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Vaccines seem to be very plentiful now, it seems now that whoever wants one will have no issue getting one. 

Esteemed Contributor

@songbird 

Happy for you!

I got my second shot March 22, and the Safeway grocery store where I got my shots offered a 10% off coupon for groceries bought in their store -- just for using their pharmacy.

I was so euphoric, I spent more than normal as it is a huge store and I rarely go there Cat Very Happy

It's just good to know you are on your way to being protected.

Esteemed Contributor

Good for you @songbird.  I spent every morning since February looking for a vaccine and I was registered everywhere.  It was exhausting.  Finally last month I got a call from my doctor's office and got my first Moderna shot the middle of last month with no side effects whatsoever.  I'm getting my second shot tomorrow morning.  Of course I will continue as I have for a year being extremely cautious, but I will feel such a relief as I did after my first shot. You're on your way!

Trusted Contributor

Wishing you the best.  I had Pfizer both shots.  First one zero reaction second was, was a little lethargic the next day with a slight headache.  The day after that I was 100%.

You are right it is a GREAT feeling.

Respected Contributor

@songbird 

Thank you.  You are doing it to protect yourself and OTHERS.  That's how I looked at it. I wasn't too eager to get the vaccine, but I did it and felt good about it afterwards.  I felt like I was doing my civic duty.  I did not suffer any serious side-effects, by the way.  Sore arm, tiredness after the second (Pfizer) shot.  

Honored Contributor

@maximillian @Miss Pepsi @Biftu @Witchy Woman @Shelbelle    Thank you all!  It was so frustrating when my state opened up.  Could not get anything.  I even got up twice at 3:00AM in the morning...and still no luck.  Then I tried it today.  And boom!  right away.  Not only did they one day open, but several days and times.  I feel so much better!  My husband got his the other day.He's going to a mass vaccination place on another day.  Mine is just down the street!

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain  Your gif is hilarious!  Thank you