Honored Contributor

Re: Finally...the CDC guidelines for those who are fully vaccinated

[ Edited ]

We don't know if the vaccines are able to prevent illness and death in the more obese person, with a higher than 30 BMI. No one was included in the vaccines' trials with a higher BMI than this. It might be wise for those with high BMIs to still wear masks when gathering with other unvaccinated family members. The same thing goes for people in their eighties. No one in their 80's was included in the trials and there's been no real world follow up study of those vaccinated from this group. I'd like to know how many of the fully vaccinated from each of these two groups have been hospitalized for COVID. I'm waiting for those stats.

Respected Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

What she didn't address was fully vaccinated being around people that are fully recovered from Covid.

that's the reason why the recommendation is that even if you have recovered from Covid you still need the vaccination. The reason is,  getting the disease does not give you the immunity long term that a vaccine will.  And one of the major reasons vaccines are developed. 

Honored Contributor

It's wonderful news. However, it is still unknown how long immunity will last or even if the immunity will protect us from new strains of the virus.

I plan on remaining vigilant and wear my mask as much as I feel fit regardless of whether or not I've been fully vaccinated.

Honored Contributor

There is so much they (CDC) still do not know - I am going to continue with my mask and social distancing.  

Esteemed Contributor

If they said starting tomorrow you can ditch the mask I would be the happiest person and would have no qualms about never wearing one again. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rms1954 wrote:

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

I've become comfortable with the safety of wearing a mask and keeping a 6-foot distance from others.  Things may change in the future.

Things should have never gotten this far.  So now they are "separating" us.

@rms1954 

Yes, infection control guidelines should have been put in place last year.  We never should have gotten so far as to lose over 500,000 American lives.  A travesty really.

But, with people working together, we can see the light.

Who are ‘they’ - talking about ‘separating’ us?

I am hearing just reasonable distance from the vulnerable - surely an action of compassion.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I heard the news cast on the recommendations.....it was LONG..about who could vist who, when and where...I'll just use my best judgment on this issue. 

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I heard the news cast on the recommendations.....it was LONG..about who could vist who, when and where...I'll just use my best judgment on this issue. 

@Mom2Dogs I said to my husband if we were playing the drinking game and had to take a shot for every time "fully vaccinated" was said, we would have been three sheets to the wind 5 minutes into the news cast!

Honored Contributor

I'm so excited, I can't wait to see my grandkids again.🥰
You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

What she didn't address was fully vaccinated being around people that are fully recovered from Covid.

That was mentioned by the CDC on the news yesterday - wear a mask. It's possible to catch covid more than once. Even if you are vaccinated, you can catch or carry the virus. I wouldn't dream of going maskless when around anyone who hasn't been fully vaccinated.