Respected Contributor

Finally recieved my first payout from Topcashback

I  made numerous purchases over several months using this cash back vendor and decided not to use them anymore because I never recieved a payout. Finally last week they posted I could request a payout of only $25 but when I tried to request my money it would not process the request so I had to go thru CS and it was finally sent to my bank. I will stick with Rakutan. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Finally recieved my first payout from Topcashback

I used to use ebates before it became rakutan but always had such a hard time having them acknowledge most things or giving any credit. When I would email them with all the info they requested they would email back some general thing that didn't answer the problem.

I got a check once in the beginning and that was it.

So I tried using mrrebates this past year and they only acknowledge some of the purchase, and others from the same place not at all. I no longer bother emailing or spending time giving them accounts, dates etc. And I always do what is suggested too, like not opening a new tab when once on their site and then to the store.

If I ever get anything, that's good but I don't have much faith in it either.

I know some people here say they get 100's of dollars back so I don't get why I never have any luck with these places.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@on the bay 

I use Mr Rebates with great success.  You have to watch what the site is giving back, 1%, %% whatever.  There is no fee.

Sometimes a note will come up (rebates for electronics only) for example which the site determines.

Q will only pay on the first payment of a purchase if you chose easy pay.  I guess they aren't going to give anyone 2 breaks!

I chose a check after every 6 months.

Give this one a try.  I've been with them about 5 years.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG,

I have been using Mr Rebates. They showed some back in may and june, a few cents on one and I mean .02 cents when the actual purchase was like $40! and then nothing after June.

I don't know I just have given up expecting anything or spending more time trying to email them with all the info, keeping track etc.

I have ordered from Walmart and Amazon, they rarely show I've ever purchased from Amazon so I don't know what the problem is. I sign in on all sites.

I feel like if I take the trouble to sign into their website I should not have to followup with them on everything.

Maybe they are swamped with less staff but I don't know why others have no problems with it.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Huh.  I have used Ebates, Rakuten, Mr Rebates and Topcashback.   I find TCB is the best, easiest to get paid and highest rebate percentages.   Last week I got $14 back from TCB with a total of $227 over a couple years.    

Honored Contributor

See this just shows that some have great luck and no problems, and others do it seems, and happening with not just one but everyone of these cash back sites.

I don't know why, and though I wish they worked well for me, I guess I am beyond the point of trying to figure it out. Certainly is strange though.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@on the bay 

Amazon seems to be absent from any rebates since covid.  Even though so much retail had improved greatly, amazon still held out, and they surely make enough with all of the people that order from them!

With the other sites, one has to be pretty active in ordering to get much back.

Honored Contributor

I used Rakutan for years and now find myself using both Rakutan and TCB.  Depends on who has the best deal. I have received check From both with no issues at all

Valued Contributor

I use Top Cash all the time. I have no problem with them . I go check my account and then I request payment in an AMEX Card and within a few days the card comes in the mail. I have gotten Hundreds of $$ and I use the cards  on line or in stores.

Honored Contributor

I use 5 different rebate sites, and my goal is to use whoever is giving me the most bang for my buck at the time of my purchase, and often it is Top Cashback, I have no trouble getting my money, usually take it in a Amazon gift card to which they add a bonus amount. 

And sometimes TCB offers a bonus of $2.50 when you make a purchase with them.  This is usually on weekends.