Esteemed Contributor

Finally finished Christmas shopping! and...

[ Edited ]

I finally finished Christmas shopping late last night online when I put in my last order (my husbands gifts). Yippee!

I must say this year has been a bit stressful shopping. We did some shopping in stores last weekend, but mostly DH and I shop online.

I told DH and my kids, laugh all you want but next year I am starting in JULY like I used to! Every year up until last year I would start early and have everything wrapped by Black Friday!

I just don't know how people wait to start and rush around at the last minute (like my grown kids do!). I like to get everything done by Black Fri weekend as far as shopping, decorating etc. so I can rest and enjoy the holidays! lol.

As of now I have half of what is here wrapped and half not wrapped. (Will finish those tonight) In addition DH and I are waiting for deliveries yet. But the whole house is decorated (as of Black Friday wk end).

Now next is baking cookies with my 1 granddaughter this weekend. Then i will plan out the Christmas Eve dinner menu for my family. (Christmas Day we go to DH;s family out of town).

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

Re: Finally finished Christmas shopping! and...

I'm totally done also. My last package came from Amazon a few minutes ago (1 item). I'll wrap it tonight.

I have everything wrapped and my cards were mailed yesterday. I mailed my out of town packages two weeks before Thanksgiving. 

I start very early every year and this year wrapped as I purchased so there were no marathon wrapping sessions. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Knowing my DH was going to be somewhat laid up this fall due to some eye surgeries I started very early. I have been done shopping for a while, except the food for Christmas dinner. We decorated last weekend. Mailed Christmas cards Monday. Still have Christmas baking to do and wrapping. I feel like I am well in control.

DH is doing well after first surgery - he said he can percieve light much better now but objects are still very blurry. Doctor said this is normal and he wasn't worried at all, and being able to see light better is what is important, they will correct the blurring with glasses later. So WOO HOO. Now though, he is going to be able to see how old I have gotten - oh no.

Honored Contributor

Congratulations!  I still have two birthday gifts and a secret Santa to go.  I envy you.  Enjoy the freedom!

Respected Contributor

I have a couple of token gifts to wrap for DH (we decided to give our gift-to-each-other $'s to a good cause this year), and I still have to get something for my Dad. We decorated the tree and put out a few things around the house last weekend.

We cut our gift giving WAY back a few years ago...we have no chldren, siblings don't need anything, their children/grandchildren get more than enough from them.

The holidays are MUCH less stressful and more enjoyable now!

Honored Contributor

I did 100% of my Christmas shopping online this year, no stress. Just open the door and sign for my deliveries.  I'm waiting for 3 more things.  Next week, I'll wrap.  I love wrapping gifts!  My sisters and I will bake cookies on the 20th and 21st.  Christmas dinner is at our house, I'm expecting ten but I'm doing it all myself.  My girls and I are sharing the cooking.  My sister is making trifle for dessert.  

Honored Contributor

Yes, my shopping is done.

I had already sent packages to Sweden (our son, daughter-in-law and 2 grandchildren live) in September for birthdays and Christmas.

I have one package to send this week to them.

I ordered magazines (Ranger Rick and Highlight Five) for our grandchildren.

I think it will be fun to get a magazine every month.

A year long present.

I have done this for several years for our sons and daughter-in-law for birthdays.

Every year they choose what magazine they want me to order.

When my Mother and Father were living, I did the magazines for them.

When people get older there isn't much they need.

The rest is wrapped and ready.

Esteemed Contributor

151949 I hope and pray your husband gets well soon.

Thanks for the replies everyone and I agree start early and enjoy the season :-)

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles