Honored Contributor

Finally able to leave. Flooded street has subsided from Eta record rainfall of 18”

Seven days of feeling like we were in the movie Waterworld with Kevin Costner. There's still water sitting on top of the block's two drain grates but at least my husband was able to drive out and pick up his medicine at CVS. I'm hoping we stay rain free a few more days or the flooded areas will be right back because the grounds are still saturated. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Finally able to leave. Flooded street has subsided from Eta record rainfall of 18”

Glad DH got out and your house is OK.  That is my biggest fear, interruption of prescriptions.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Finally able to leave. Flooded street has subsided from Eta record rainfall of 18”

So glad you checked in. I was wondering about your situation earlier today. I hope everything goes well from this point on. 

Honored Contributor

Oh, I feel for you.  Flooding is just awful.

Stay safe and dry.

Honored Contributor

Bless you and your family.

Stay well and hope for a respite from rain.   I hope you have an easier path to tread from this moment on for a long, long time.  You and your townsmen can use a break.

Honored Contributor

Thinking of you @Mindy D . Hoping for better days ahead.Heart

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D So glad you can at least get out of your driveway or get deliveries if you need them.  Scary when there's nowhere for the water to go.   The years when I worried most about the winds during hurricane season passed long ago.

Respected Contributor

Good to hear you were able to get to the store.  FIngers crossed for continued dry weather!

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D ,Yay!!!  I'm so glad you were able to get out.

Honored Contributor

Wow, this brings back a bad memory of us flooding in May.  Glad you're ok.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)