Contributor

Final update on "Be careful when sending returns"....

Final update on the  expensive bracelet that I returned to Evine and the bracelet ended up missing.....

I wrote a letter to the CEO of Evine concerning the bracelet's disappearance.  A few days later, I recieved a phone calll from Evine Customer Service claiming that the box was not tampered with when it ARRIVED at the warehouse (sent via UPS) which makes me wonder if the bracelet disappeared in the warehouse if the box arrived intact!

I was told that Evine would return the empty box back to me.

Today I recieved the box but it was not the same box that I sent nor was  the Evine box the same one that I returned the bracelet in. That box had "marks" on it and it contained only the plastic bag with the bracelet.

Inside this striped box was a cardboard holder for earrings, like something they would use to ship earrings in...

This holder was not in the box that I originally recieved...

There was no need to place this in the box as the only thing inside was the empty  plastic bag which had originally contained the bracelet!

(Kind of a cheap way to send an expensive bracelet in the first place though)

This entire scenio still seems fishy to me...

I contacted UPS and my credit card company, both of which said they would check into this but I am doubtful for any resolution....

End of my expensive tale of woe....

Thanks again everyone for your helpful replies...

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Final update on "Be careful when sending returns"....

You may need to file a police report for your claim to UPS and your credit card company.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Respected Contributor

@Neversaynever3dogs that is very fishy. Receiving the wrong box back really makes it seem like something happened to your box and bracelet at the Evine warehouse. 

Respected Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

@Neversaynever3dogs that is very fishy. Receiving the wrong box back really makes it seem like something happened to your box and bracelet at the Evine warehouse. 

I agree with @itsmagic

Let your cc company know you received different packaging back. They need to protect you from fraud which is what this sounds like. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Trusted Contributor

A few years ago I returned a bracelet to QVC and it got lost.  Fortunately I had insured it.  I used my own label.

Trusted Contributor

This past Christmas season I returned a bracelet to QVC. Did everything to secure for shipping. They never received it back. I kept calling CS to see if they got it I think I drove them crazy.  I was a nervous wreck but CS was so nice. They credit me for the lost item. Can't beat QVC customer service. I learned one thing that you never return an item around the Christmas holidays. It can get lost or stolen. 

Respected Contributor

@Neversaynever3dogs  

Have you contacted EL about the discrepancy in the box they returned to you?  I would be really curious to hear their answer to that. 

I quoted your paragraph from your first post.

"When I inquired about the return a few weeks later, I was informed that the package was recieved but that the bracelet was not in the box, just the plastic bag and the return receipt, so they would send the empty box back to me!"

It just seems very, very strange to me that a retailer would be retaining return boxes and would be able to return the exact box to you after  weeks have passed.  Sounds to me like they gave you a "standardized" answer and returned to just any old box they had available to get you off their back.

I wonder if they have/would check their return inventory for the bracelet around they date it should have been received if they would find it was returned to stock and someone "forgot" to take necessary actions to credit your account.

Honored Contributor

I would just keep calling and talking about what happened until you find a person that will do something about it...don't give up...maybe they will give you a credit to spend.