Honored Contributor

Re: Figuring out how old you are.

I wish I could forget lol.

Esteemed Contributor

I went through my 63rd year and kept thinking i was 62!!

Then all of a sudden i was 64!  So ...yes..i skipped a year...

I don't really think about my age that much...i have had many health issues and am grateful to still be here.

Honored Contributor

I was filling out a form a few months ago & it stated my age after I added my birthdate. I was convinced it was wrong, did the math and then had to google because I was convinced my math had to be wrong! I was a year older! lol It was strange & surprising but not upsetting.

I am not sure why that happened but I don't think in terms of age - young or old - about myself or others. It did not upset me or anything. I'm me, not old me or young me or middle age me. Maybe it happened because I don't think about my age much.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

When my cousin was around 80 and very ill with Parkinsons and other problems he would say all the time"If I'd have known I would live to be this old I would have taken better care of myself".

My father used to say that when he was around 70.  He lived to 80 and was pretty sick his last year.

Honored Contributor

I haven't miscalculated my age yet.

Honored Contributor

gotten my age wrong?  nope

hnj

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

nope, no problem.  as long as i'm healthy i don;t think about it.  so far i've been lucky.  knock on wood.

Esteemed Contributor

2blonde...Wow, "You get too old too soon and smart too late" was one of my father's favorite sayings.  One among many to be sure.  He lived to be 94 years old so you can imagine how many sayings he had, sure miss him.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

Six months or so after my birthday, I usually just add on the next years age.

It's weird when someone dies a month or so before their next birthday and their age is listed as the age they turned the last birthday.  I know that's the correct way, but it seems wrong to me.

My MIL used to lie about her age (only a year) and I didn't know it till she was headed to her brother's in Europe for his 60th and it was the year she was to turn 60.....

I ticked her off one time by having all the candles on the cake.  It looked like and inferno.  She yanked (and counted!) every candle. 

She's lucky, it was missing that one candle I didn't know about yet.

Respected Contributor

@Lucky Charm  Funny stuff. Actually, it doesn't matter to me.  After 65 there isn't usually anything you don't qualify for.