Honored Contributor

Re: Figuring out how old you are.

Age is just a number.  If I stay healthy and I can do what I need to do it doesn't matter how old I am.  I know my age and I don't dwell on it.  The worst was when I turned forty, I thought that was truly over the hill. 

Trusted Contributor

@DoneTryin wrote:

LOL!  I kind of tripped myself up in my 50s when I started thinking the next number when I hit my half-birthdays in Aug.  I justified it by claiming it helped me to mentally prepare for that next birthday.  Worked fine for a few years, but now I sometimes have to stop & think about my real age.  At least I can still remember my birth year.  Aw, heck; it's just a number, eh?

I've been doing the same thing, LOL!!!  Always about six months ahead of myself.  

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Valued Contributor

I will look at people and think I am younger than them.  Usually it is just the opposite!  It's some mental thing in my mind, as i have always done that-think of myself as younger.  Wishful thinking, huh?

Honored Contributor

Yes ,i do i always get it mixed up, i have to stop and think ,how old am i?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

Inside, I am feeling tired and worn due to a present family situation.  Outside, I appear younger than my years.  Felloing old..........well I won't know how that feels as I still don't know what designates 'old'.  Is it 18?, 30? 65?.  Who determines the actual number? 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

It's all relative .... I remember when I was 13 I thought being 30 was REALLY old!

Esteemed Contributor

Looking in the mirror and working in the garden I know how old I am.-- OLD  Don't need  a number.

Honored Contributor

Um... NO; never.

But it's kinda interesting that many of you have.  ;-)