Honored Contributor

Re: Fights at fast food restaurants

I haven't heard of it happening at Panera, only burger joints, but I have read stuff about fights at Chucky Cheese, where entire families  fight with other  people, over something stupid

I think the world has gone mad

Esteemed Contributor

@dex wrote:

if I see an injustice I always have to try to intervene.My DH says that I am going to get killed one day.We were out walking at night a couple of weeks ago and came upon a couple of homeless men fighting.The one with the ice pick in his hand asked me to help.He claimed that the other man robbed him so I called 911. The other man left as I was calling but I stayed with the man holding the ice pick waiting for police.A couple of cars passing by stopped and asked if we needed help but I was so wrapped up in the moment that I didn't notice.My DH was standing way off to the side and afterwards gave me a blast for standing by the man with the weapon.I felt safe though as the man had asked for help and I was responding.So yes I would help out at a fast food restaurant if it was needed. 

You are more than kind, but please be careful, don't rush in, evaluate the situation first.  Perhaps dialing 911 from a distance will be so much safer for you.  Heart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

No, but when my daughter was a teenager she was working the drive-through at one, and a naked man came through!  I was horrified when she told me....she said she just laughed at him and he took off!

Honored Contributor

I would call 911 but would never intervene personally.  I'm not strong enough.  However, I haven't heard about fights at fast food restaurants.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Around here about the worst I've heard is that drunk drivers have passed out in the drive-through lane while waiting for their orders.

Esteemed Contributor

A few years back we went on a cruise and someone must have invited the CRAZIES to come  aboard.  I was told there were cabins available and last minute really cheap rates.  The whole time we witnessed  1.  Fights in the cafeteria over who was in line first or who got to sit where.  2.  People mowing  others down with wheel chairs   3. People going in  front of photographers taking portraits... ours in particular  4.  Shouting and pushing people off of elevators that some thought were overcrowded  5.  And my very favorite --- saving two or more rows in the theatre for friends.  (Getting there overly early to do this).  There was a rather large sign not to do this but I guess they skipped READING in elementary school.

Honored Contributor

Google is filled  with accounts of this stuff. I just can't figure out what motivates people, drugs, alcohol, poor upbringing?

I don't know why people get so angry ,and then think they need to fight .

I think the world has gotten meaner  and more violent. It isn't just males that do this ,it's females as well. Sometimes the women are worse than the menMan Sad

Honored Contributor

I'm 5'8" and am a sturdy lady with years of Karate experience, free fighting, weapons, competitions and unless someone was being beaten to a pulp or there's an imminent possibility of someone getting killed, I wouldn't jump in immediately and I would assess the situation first and call 911 immediately. Then, if I needed to, I would do whatever necessary to stop the fight.....  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

No, I would not intervene in a dispute no matter where it would happen.  I am physically handicapped and would not be able to protect myself from getting hurt, but I would dial 911.  

I am so disappointed to know that SOME people in our society are violent over really unimportant things. 

However, there are good people, and I witnessed a good Samaritan today.  I was in a parking lot and had just finished unloading my cart of groceries into the trunk.  A gentleman parked in the handicapped parking area was having difficulty opening the cover over the flatbed of his truck.  He was getting frustrated.  A gentleman walked by, turned around and asked him if he could help him.  The gentleman was able to get the latch open and then put the groceries in for the person with the handicap. 

Incidents like this renew my faith in our fellow human beings, but I do realize that vigilance is needed when out in public as we just never know about the other person.  With drugs, weapons, rage, and violence we don't know when we can innocently be drawn into a bad situation.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Respected Contributor

I've never seen a fight in a fast food restaurant but taking public transportation, you do have some who like to act up. One man complained the driver was going too slow, mouthing off. The driver yelled back if he didn't like the speed, take a bus to work, and he wasn't going to go faster for his benefit. The bus was already doing 55 mph. Another passenger, an elderly man, got thrown off for being mouthy to the driver, and it wasn't his first time either.  If the bus is your only way of getting around, why run the risk of being barred from riding by acting like a jerk?