Honored Contributor

Fights at fast food restaurants

I am always horrified when is  see stories and pictures of customers attacking workers, at fast food  restaurants

I haven't been in one in decades, although we do eat out frequently

Have you ever witnessed an employee being attacked. If so what did you do?

I could never stand to see someone getting beaten up. I would call the police, but I don't think I would ever enter the fray to intervene unless, I felt  the person was  in danger of their life, or  suffering serious injury. I'm only 5 ft tall, and don't weigh much, so I doubt that I would be of much help to begin with

My children both worked at fast food places when they were young, but nothing like this ever happened to them, or anyone they worked with.

I feel sorry for the employees ,they deserve hazard pay.

Honored Contributor

Re: Fights at fast food restaurants

I don't go to fast food restaurants but I have never heard of this.  Where is it happening?

Honored Contributor

It's not in just one place ,it's all over. I just read about another attack at a Burger King. The people are really vicious

Honored Contributor

if I see an injustice I always have to try to intervene.My DH says that I am going to get killed one day.We were out walking at night a couple of weeks ago and came upon a couple of homeless men fighting.The one with the ice pick in his hand asked me to help.He claimed that the other man robbed him so I called 911. The other man left as I was calling but I stayed with the man holding the ice pick waiting for police.A couple of cars passing by stopped and asked if we needed help but I was so wrapped up in the moment that I didn't notice.My DH was standing way off to the side and afterwards gave me a blast for standing by the man with the weapon.I felt safe though as the man had asked for help and I was responding.So yes I would help out at a fast food restaurant if it was needed. 

Honored Contributor

I’m 62 and have never seen a fight at a fast food restaurant or anywhere else for that matter. 

Oooooohhhhh.....hold on a minute.  Not so fast.  Back in the 80’s I was at a store near Christmas time and they unloaded a shipment of Cabbage Patch dolls (the year they were at their most popular), in the middle of the store,  while I was getting toilet paper or something exciting like that and there was quite the frenzy, everyone piling on, grabbing for a doll.  Reaching, grabbing, trying to grab a box and pass it back to their loved one waiting away from the crowd. That was pretty darn close to a “make the news” tussle. But everyone remained assertively polite. 

For the record, I calmly walked over, Charmin in hand, and was able to snag a doll. Not because I needed one, but because I figured one of my friends would probably be looking for one for a gift. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

The people who start the fights are always mad about something stupid, like they didn't like the way they made the burger, or they didn't get enough french fries.

Even the people in the drive though window aren't spared. they get stuff thrown at them  or people try to punch them

I wonder how much more uncivilized  people will become?

Honored Contributor

Nope, I've never seen nor heard of any fights in fast food restaurants. 

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

I don’t go to fast food restaurants.   Does Panera count? 

I’ve never been anywhere where a fight broke out   I don’t know what I would do if that happened.   I guess it depends on what was happening at the time.    Who knows what kind of weapons people have nowadays...

Honored Contributor

No, I've never seen a fight in any restaurant.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh yea....I have read about fights.....

There is also people overdosing in the restrooms.....

I don't eat fast food anyway...