Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Anyone know how the seat "flipped over"?  Was it windy?

@Tinkrbl44- they were rocking the basket.  I love rides but was always afraid when my co riders did that! 

Esteemed Contributor

I am not a fan of these rides at County Fairs....some are rusty

Honored Contributor

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/investigators-find-possible-cause-for-ferris-wheel-accident-in-tennessee...

The article does not say the girls rocked tt.  Mechanical issue.

Contributor

I live near the area. My cousin is friends with the mother of the 2 girls. She shared an update on my fb feeds. It was a mechanical problem. They were not rocking. Kayla the 10 yr old has a broken arm but doing well. Briley who is six is in critical condition. She has a small brain bleed and is on a vent. They tried to remove it but she could not breathe on her own.  Their mother is asking for continued prayers.

The 16 yr old is now stable.

Regular Contributor

An eyewitness, Dakota Ragan, told WCYB.com, that he saw the girls rocking their basket as the ride started.

'I saw the kids, they were just rocking the thing, which I didn't think was such a big deal, most people rock it anyway',  Ragan said. 'But they were rocking it hard'. 

Contributor

The inspectors have said mechanical. All of the rides are still closed. The ferris wheel will be removed. The eye witness maybe saw them rocking before the ride started. Most kids do that. However, it doesn't matter. The inspection is done and found it mechanical. The  mother is very upset about false information being spread on the news.