Respected Contributor

Re: Fentanyl Pills packaged as Skittles and Nerd candy packages

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Wish we could stop.them from coming into the country rather than running around trying to find them once they are here.

💯 1000%.

Esteemed Contributor

@hckynutjohn 

I certainly understand that like other countries whose powerful elites  are corrupted  and work with the cartels in promoting all types of illicit businesses  besides the drug trades , such as human trafficking  for sex and  slave labor , weapons and heaven  only know what else - likely  human organs . our country is not immune to the same corruption.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Wish we could stop.them from coming into the country rather than running around trying to find them once they are here.

Or Americans should stop using Street drugs. If there were not such huge market for these types if drugs, they would not flow into the country.  It's Americans drug users that fuel this.  And it's not all coming from outside, a lot of the drugs are made here.

Respected Contributor

Facts about Fentanyl

dea.gov 

Illicit fentanyl, primarily manufactured in foreign clandestine labs and smuggled into the United States through Mexico, is being distributed across the country and sold on the illegal drug market. 

Fentanyl is being mixed in with other illicit drugs to increase the potency of the drug, sold as powders and nasal sprays, and increasingly pressed into pills made to look like legitimate prescription opioids. 

Because there is no official oversight or quality control, these counterfeit pills often contain lethal doses of fentanyl, with none of the promised drug.

There is significant risk that illegal drugs have been intentionally contaminated with fentanyl.  Because of its potency and low cost, drug dealers have been mixing fentanyl with other drugs including heroin, methamphetamine, and cocaine, increasing the likelihood of a fatal interaction.

January 2020

DEA.GOV

Fentanyl Flow to the United States

https://www.dea.gov/sites/default/files/2020-03/DEA_GOV_DIR-008-20%20Fentanyl%20Flow%20in%20the%20United%20S...

Honored Contributor

How did this drug become the popular drug for druggies?  I can't believe people shoot up Heroin and then top it with Fentanyl and losing their lives.  What a waste of living being high all the time when you could be enjoying mother nature.  The gov't needs to get down on the dealers and addicts involved with Fentanyl.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

@hckynutjohn 

I certainly understand that like other countries whose powerful elites  are corrupted  and work with the cartels in promoting all types of illicit businesses  besides the drug trades , such as human trafficking  for sex and  slave labor , weapons and heaven  only know what else - likely  human organs . our country is not immune to the same corruption.

@skatting44 

"Immune?  Quite the contrary. One need only look at the increasing numbers, and match them up with dates of increases. Even those like myself that buy all The Books for Dummies", the math dates and the numbers, are pretty simple to figure out.

While others here may have duel Citizenships, I do not. I am only a Citizen of 1 country, which I served for 6 years, and the only one in which I can vote for "those powerful elites". And while Billions of $$$ are being spent at Borders of other countries?

Back to this Thread's title: "Fentanyl Pills packaged as Skittles and Nerds"? 

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Images show rainbow-colored fentanyl disguised as Skittles and Nerds candy  | Daily Mail Online

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

How did this drug become the popular drug for druggies?  I can't believe people shoot up Heroin and then top it with Fentanyl and losing their lives.  What a waste of living being high all the time when you could be enjoying mother nature.  The gov't needs to get down on the dealers and addicts involved with Fentanyl.

Where are they going to put all these people once the "get down on the dealers and addicts?  Right now in my state the police are allowed to carry life saving narcan to reverse an overdose.  This is done a lot.  So, they are also acting (but not being paid to be) paramedics. 

It's a losing proposition.  Over 50 years with the war on drugs and what have we gained @Katcat1 ?  Far superior drugs than those we claimed to fight in the 70's after the Viet Nam war when plenty of men came home addicted to heroin.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Frequent Contributor

Closing the border would help tremendously! Seems this problem has exploded during the last two years!  

Esteemed Contributor

@Spinach30 wrote:

Closing the border would help tremendously! Seems this problem has exploded during the last two years!  

@Spinach30you should read all the posts.  The Border ain't the biggest part of the problem.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life