Esteemed Contributor

Re: Female African lion dies at Smithsonian National Zoo

Happens when they are caged.

Esteemed Contributor

@golding76 

I heard this last night and felt sad and sick at the loss of this exquisite lion.  Things like this haunt me and remind me of the loss of my own precious cats.

My last one, Artemis, was 20 and I vowed there would be  no more.  As much as I love watching them live, I cannot bear to see them go.

Naba was perfection and now free and without pain.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@golding76 

I heard this last night and felt sad and sick at the loss of this exquisite lion.  Things like this haunt me and remind me of the loss of my own precious cats.

My last one, Artemis, was 20 and I vowed there would be  no more.  As much as I love watching them live, I cannot bear to see them go.

Naba was perfection and now free and without pain.  

@Witchy Woman   our last one is getting closer to crossings the rainbow bridge so I so understand .  He has kidney disease and we've been blessed to have him as long as we have , he will be 22 next month .   We take him for fluids twice a week we have a wonderful vet who is happy to administer them after hours for him.   Dread the day to come and the sadness  for a long time after 😿

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Female African lion dies at Smithsonian National Zook

@golding76 wrote:

MakeupMaidn, working our way through grief takes time.  As has been written, the greater the love, the greater the grief. 

Time.  Only the passage of time reduces the intense pain that accompanies loss; nothing ever takes away the sweet memories.

We surrender our most vulnerable side to our pets.  That is why we always smile when we think of them.

@golding76 wrote:

MakeupMaidn, working our way through grief takes time.  As has been written, the greater the love, the greater the grief. 

Time.  Only the passage of time reduces the intense pain that accompanies loss; nothing ever takes away the sweet memories.

We surrender our most vulnerable side to our pets.  That is why we always smile when we think of them.

@golding76   so beautifully put .   It's so very true 😿