Honored Contributor

Re: Felicity Huffman Photographed in Prison Uniform During Husband William H. Macy's Visit

[ Edited ]

@Ketra 

I understand what you are saying.  I also thought she should have gotten more jail time.  I also think if our jails are bursting at the seams and there is no room for what they consider "lesser crimes"..... than more community service should be given (I'm talking several yrs. of community service) which would keep them close to home and really cramp their lifestyle for a longer period of time.  That would affect her acting career and  hopefully give them a better understanding of how they may have affected a promising students career.  I also would like to have seen money dished out to put another student (or students) through college.....but then I am not the judge and there are probably laws against  doing that!!!!  

Honored Contributor

Re: Felicity Huffman Photographed in Prison Uniform During Husband William H. Macy's Visit

@jubilant @I agree with what you wrote.It also is a huge cost to the taxpayer for each prisoner...rather see her do community service so we don’t have to pay her prison costs.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I question that she really feels she did wrong....she got caught...otherwise she never would have on her own ADMMITTED to cheating.... she knew when doing it and paying the hush money it was wrong....yet she still did it.   She only admitted to doing it when caught.

While that may be true, she handled this correctly. I am not a fan, but she is taking her lumps and humbled herself unlike Lori and a bunch of others who have yet to take responsibility. I am more focused on them now. This photo is merely published for people to mock and laugh at her, and while she may deserve some of that scorn, I feel a lot of non-celebs who were caught in this mess are getting off without the same scrutiny.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Esteemed Contributor

None of the other parents have gone to prison yet to serve their sentence, so photographers haven't been afforded the opportunity.

However, I think we all know that seeing Agustin Huneeus in a prison jumpsuit isn't going to generate much interest in selling your magazine.

Valued Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

She's getting special treatment by having her husband and daughter visit - just a few days in. I didn't know they photograph inmates and post the pic.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The photograph is meant to mock and finger point.

Especially by the purest of us all.  *eyeroll*

Image result for simpsons ha ha

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@kivah wrote:

She's getting special treatment by having her husband and daughter visit - just a few days in. I didn't know they photograph inmates and post the pic.

@kivah   Could you point us all to the rules and regulations of that prison that would support the accusation that she is receiving special treatment because her husband and daughter visit??

Is there a waiting period?

Valued Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@kivah wrote:

@kivah   Could you point us all to the rules and regulations of that prison that would support the accusation that she is receiving special treatment because her husband and daughter visit??

@Cakers3  No, according to the prison rules HERE there is no waiting period for guests. If she checked in last Tuesday, there’s nothing keeping her from having visitors over the weekend.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MaryLamb wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@kivah wrote:

@Cakers3  No, according to the prison rules HERE there is no waiting period for guests. If she checked in last Tuesday, there’s nothing keeping her from having visitors over the weekend.

@MaryLamb   My question to @kivah was why she felt Felicity was receiving special treatment because her husband and daughter visit.

I was waiting for her to back up her statement which was obviously just nonsense.