Esteemed Contributor

Re: Feels like 106 in Chicago 8/24

@Desertdi wrote:

105° at 4pm in Phoenix

Going to 110 by the end of the week. Cools down to under 100 next week.

Honored Contributor

It was 93° today in Albuquerque and we're in a dry period so no humidity.  Bright, blue, sunny skies. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Right now it's 84, feels like temp 91, where I am in S Florida.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Heat and humidity has returned in my state.  Several days will feel like over 100F.  Could last a while.  Hoping it's the last steam bath of the summer.  

But not according to the Journal of Geophysical Research.  By 2100, summer could last half the year. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/science/environment/summers-last-half-year-end-century-rcna436

So iin a way, t's not really getting warmer. Just lasting longer.

Respected Contributor

Hot and humid in SW Michigan as well, with a heat advisory going into effect at noon. Family and friends in Florida often laugh when I tell them that summer here is often just as oppressive as it is there, until they come visit and see for themselves.

As for me, I just move my tee times from late afternoon to early morning and take a cart rather than walking.

Give it a couple of months and the same people who are complaining about heat will be complaining about the cold. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

It is 95 degrees but with the humidity and dewpoint it's 106.  OMG!  I am glad I am in today.  I can hardly breathe in this heat.  Hurry up Fall!!! How hot is it in your area?   I know there are areas in Tennessee that are flooding, prayers go out to you in this difficult time.

I'm west of you about 6 hours and our temp the same day was feels like 114. The humidity was in the tropical range. It was like walking into a wall when I went outside.