Honored Contributor

Maybe several of us are experiencing some of your feelings too. The Christmas season has come and gone again and now most of us are thrown into a deep freeze for the next few days. Plus I'm fighting sinuses now. So @goldensrbest I think what you're feeling is normal . Hopefully you have plenty of groceries and books and movies to keep busy until things thaw out.

Honored Contributor

I like the words @shaggygirl mentioned of being at loose ends. I know I should be doing something, but it's cold out and I'm just trying to stay warm.

Respected Contributor

@catchersmom wrote:

@goldensrbest Thank you for starting this thread. It is helpful to those feeling out of sorts to hear others express their feelings as well. 

I always have an after Christmas let down. I love that time of the year so much, it's tough to see it go. 

This Christmas was far from typical for my family and I believe that, combined with watching my daughter drive away this morning (the last of the family visiting in town), has really done me in this year. 2018 is going to be a tough year for my bunch (job issues, planning an intervention in January on one family member, and watching another family member slip away quickly with dementia) so I know I have to get it together. I've allowed myself today.....one day to be sad, reflect, mourn....I'm not leaving the house today (it's cold as heck out there!!!!) and I'm going to eat whatever I doggone well want to (lots of Christmas goodies still hanging around). 

And then when I a wake up tomorrow, I'm done. I will dust myself off, pull up my boot straps, whatever-cliche-seems-to-fit and I will count the multitude of blessings I have. I'm going to plant a smile on my face and tackle 2018 with gusto---and squeeze every last bit of joy I can muster out of it. 

Starting tomorrow.

For today I will allow myself to be sad, and I think it's ok to do so. Heart

I am having the same problem ....when I turned 70 last summer it was like

someone flicked a switch ....I have had to cut down considerably on the

distance I walk ...aches and pains ....in denial about my diabetes ...addicted

to sugr ....as one said ..just feeling out of sorts ...and really don't know what

to do with myself ....I plan on taking this post to heart ....

Honored Contributor

@catchersmom wrote:

@goldensrbest Thank you for starting this thread. It is helpful to those feeling out of sorts to hear others express their feelings as well. 

I always have an after Christmas let down. I love that time of the year so much, it's tough to see it go. 

This Christmas was far from typical for my family and I believe that, combined with watching my daughter drive away this morning (the last of the family visiting in town), has really done me in this year. 2018 is going to be a tough year for my bunch (job issues, planning an intervention in January on one family member, and watching another family member slip away quickly with dementia) so I know I have to get it together. I've allowed myself today.....one day to be sad, reflect, mourn....I'm not leaving the house today (it's cold as heck out there!!!!) and I'm going to eat whatever I doggone well want to (lots of Christmas goodies still hanging around). 

And then when I a wake up tomorrow, I'm done. I will dust myself off, pull up my boot straps, whatever-cliche-seems-to-fit and I will count the multitude of blessings I have. I'm going to plant a smile on my face and tackle 2018 with gusto---and squeeze every last bit of joy I can muster out of it. 

Starting tomorrow.

For today I will allow myself to be sad, and I think it's ok to do so. Heart

@catchersmom

I don't think enough people are in tune enough to allow themselves this valuable experience. 

I have times where I just wallow in 'it' for a day. I just need the time to be sad or allow myself to miss what I don't have anymore (that is mostly people who have gone on). I just limit my contact with others when I'm having a day like that, and get it out of my system, so to speak. 

I think when one doesn't allow themselves the time to do this every now and then, the 'off' feeling, the 'down' feelings just lay in the background and simmer, making us feel sad for a much longer time. 

Trusted Contributor

It is bitter cold here too, 10 degrees below zero with a -25 degree windchill.  On one hand, I don't feel like doing anything. On the other hand, I tend to feel a little guilty if I spend the day going from the recliner to the kitchen.  😖😵  Still in pjs. I'll try to pull up my big girl pants in a little bit.  

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political

Valued Contributor

@goldensrbest

You simply have low serotonin levels throughout the "winter" months .... it is usually evident due to lack of sun, etc.    Please do not believe foolish things such as the moon's position (this is the same as believing in astrology which is absurd).  

If you must research, read about Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD).  I hope you have a wonderful new year~!

Super Contributor

@Mominohio After I posted I saw/read your first response on this thread.....what you posted is what I will be doing tomorrow. Purging, organizing...planning my budget for 2018. That kind of activity usually galvanizes me and helps put my mindset in the right direction for a new year. I really do enjoy the benefits of decluttering and organizing; it makes a difference for me. 

I completely agree that I need to acknowledge these feelings in order for to move past them. Definitely limiting my contact with others today too.....thanks for your response and understanding. 

It's a nice feeling just to be understood. 

Never mistake kindness for weakness
Valued Contributor

@goldensrbest, look how many people responded to your post, and there are so many feeling a little down.  I think it also means there are lots of us who appreciate your posts, and we want you to know we are thinking of you. 

Open the curtains to have as much much light as you can. It’s never a bad idea to let your doctor know you’re in a funk. Blood work/meds/vitamins might be in order. You are on my prayer list and remember—spring will get here eventually!

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

January 1, 2018 is a ‘Triple Witching” day*.

First Day of the Year

First Day of the Month

First Day of the Week

-and-.......

January 1, 2018 is a Full Moon.

I totally believe all these things physically & mentally play with us...

especially the Full Moon!  

*I realize the term ‘triple witching’ Is an investment term but my boss used to use that term when the day would align up for the year or quarter. 

Tell me more ,or where i can learn about this,please.

@goldensrbest

The Full Moon part?

That’s from being in a customer service role for 30 years!

Just.like.clockwork. My boss would schedule meetings around that time...he knew nothing would be heard on Full Moon days. Ha. 

No, on a serious note, just look at the tides (water)..and our body content of water. The gravitational pull has to have an effect.  If you Google, there are so many things out there.  Stay well!