Honored Contributor

Been feeding them twice a day, several bird feeders, suets, black sunflower seeds, thistle. What are you feeding?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Valued Contributor

Feeding them No mess blend of seeds, suet cake, Woodpecker cake and seed bell.

I will let the squirrels eat too.

Honored Contributor

We feed our's suet almost every day, seeds are a mix of safflower and sunflower (I think). DH buys the seeds, unless I buy them he has to remind me what he wants.

Of course while we don't feed the squjirrels they enjoy all of these too - darn squirrels!!!!

Trusted Contributor

We purchase a Premium mix from Family Farm and our feeders are filled a few times per week.

Honored Contributor

My husband has a recipe for seed cakes  that use lard ,and peanut butter ,and seeds.They really like it a lot

I wish we could get rid of a stray cat

Esteemed Contributor

We feed seed (yes, the squirrels enjoy it too) and suet cake. We also have 2 hummingbirds that stayed so we leave their food out and put a low watt flood out to keep the food from freezing. We have also seen them under the light catching some warmth.

Respected Contributor

We have been feeding pretty much the same as everyone else has described with the addition of meal worms.  We have not had too many birds though.

Honored Contributor
As much as I would love to feed the birds, I realized I was feeding more rats than birds. The day I looked out my back window and saw 7 rats eating bird seed was the day the feeder came down for good.

Just another issue related to our trailer trash neighbors.
Honored Contributor

@RedTop  I will send you our stray cat

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest 

I used to love feeding the birds, and would often have multiple pairs of Cardinals and a wide variety of birds at my feeders....Even Indigo Buntings!

Sadly, the squirrels, raccoons and opossums made it impossible to continue to do so.  They destroyed every feeder I installed, pulled them down or ate through them.  Also pulled down suet cages and finch feeders.  

I tried everything to keep them at bay, but was using over 20 lbs of seed weekly!

Finally, I took down all the feeders, but keep a heated bird bath for when the water freezes.

I didn't mind them all feeding, but the squirrels were getting the lion share and were so destructive.  The birds didn't have a chance.

But, I miss seeing those beautiful Cardinals in the winter!