Honored Contributor

Re: Federal Jury Duty

[ Edited ]

If your doctor won't give you a letter for a disability excuse, when you fill out the questionnaire, include a letter to them explaining the travel situation, the cost of the fare, include a map of the route and the public transportation schedule and ask to be excused.

Respected Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

I served Federal Grand Jury duty a few years ago.  In my state, you served 3 days per month for 18 months.  Grand Juries do not hear trials. They hear cases and vote whether to indict or not.  Because of this, there isn't the typical voir dire that you go through on regular jury service.  Everyone within a number series was picked.

If your state is the same, you should probably call the jury commissioner as soon as possible to ask how you go about getting a medical excuse.  

@mstyrion 1This is true, but the poster doesn't indicate whether it's for Grand Jury Duty or Regular Jury Duty.  Both are done on the Federal/State and local levels.  This may be related to just "Jury Duty."

Of course I know that.

I was giving input regarding what might be expected if this is Grand Jury service.

We are sharing info here, yes?

~Enough is enough~