Valued Contributor

Re: Fed up already (illegal fireworks)

As most in the USA has done, I grew up with Fireworks displays being a large part of family traditon.  I celebrate the reason for the holiday with I hope MOST Americans.  My Children all attend firework displays.  What I do NOT APPRECIATE are those that set off fireworks from their homes.  They are disrespecting tho PTSD from serving.  We have signs that ask local residents to please not shoot off fireworks in our neighborhood due to VETS.  Sure some vets can hadle the fireworks but others can not.  Please RESPECT  those that have served and/or serving their country by not shooting off fireworks where they can't dictate if they hear them or not.   I am sure many do not think of this aspect when having fun but for others it is a vivid reminder of the horror they have faced.   Thank you 

Super Contributor

I live in Southern CA, and everyone knows how dry it is here. Last night I heard fireworks going off like crazy. There were enough official displays over the beaches and lakes without people having illegal private fireworks. I found pieces of firecrackers in our yard this morning. Very frustrating.

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Honored Contributor

@Karnerblue wrote:

I had to work today and when I arrived home, my elderly dog was in the bathroom crying.  He had gone in there to hide and the door closed and he could not get out.  He was in the linen closet shaking like a leaf.  His heart was pounding.  I felt so bad I began crying.

Karner, I am SO sorry . . . is he better today?  Sweet baby . . . Heart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]