Respected Contributor

Re: Fed up already (illegal fireworks)

Ours have just started and will continue for days. I worry because I already have a hole in my roof from the storm the other night and roofers are backed up for weeks.

I have in the past talked to neighbors that were having a fireworks party 2 doors down because I was dog sitting and the poor dog was scared to death. Let's just say they weren't happy campers and the party ended very early. Woman Very Happy  

and yes some of us still live in Kansas!

Respected Contributor

Re: @Karnerblue Re: Fed up already (illegal fireworks)

@IamMrsG wrote:

I'm stingy with hearts, but I'd like to give your post 5 of 'em. 

Why thank you!!!!

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Esteemed Contributor

@Karnerblue wrote:

applause.jpg

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Respected Contributor

I had to work today and when I arrived home, my elderly dog was in the bathroom crying.  He had gone in there to hide and the door closed and he could not get out.  He was in the linen closet shaking like a leaf.  His heart was pounding.  I felt so bad I began crying.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Respected Contributor

@Karnerblue wrote:

I had to work today and when I arrived home, my elderly dog was in the bathroom crying.  He had gone in there to hide and the door closed and he could not get out.  He was in the linen closet shaking like a leaf.  His heart was pounding.  I felt so bad I began crying.

awww poor old pup. I hope he's okay.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the replies. (Love that drunk fireworks graphic). And I am sorry for others that are going through the same thing. People are just plain inconsiderate of others now days IMO.

Because- tonights fireworks were from just after 5 to 9:50PM. I wonder if the cops told them last night no after 10 PM, because last night it was until almost midnight. I was worried all night as ashes hit our deck and trees (sounded like rain slamming it and we could smell smoke) I hope this is it for the Summer but I doubt it! These people go on all Summer.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Trusted Contributor

I am in a war zone!!!! 

Esteemed Contributor

I am sorry natural fan. Read above I just posted again too. I hope your area gets quiet soon!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Valued Contributor

Feel like we're in a war zone too. I've come to absolutely hate the 4th. We couldn't walk the dogs this evening because fireworks were going off everywhere in the neighborhood. All...evening. Sure they're illegal but who cares? It's nearly midnight but they're still going off. And now I hear sirens everywhere....hmm. Is something on fire?

Love the drunken fireworks graphic! Cat Frustrated

Respected Contributor

Residential fireworks are illegal where I live and thankfully the law is strictly enforced. The only noises I hear are distant rumbles from city displays.

I don't understand those of you who think celebrating a national holiday justifies damaging other people's property