Trusted Contributor

Re: Fed up already (illegal fireworks)

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

OUr started about two weeks ago or a little more.  First the high school graduations, now the 4th.  Yet, we've noticed through the years that those that are purchasing the illegal fireworks are those on EBT and all sort of govt. assistance.  The fireworks aren't free, they are costly and it would take no less than $500 to set off what the average bozo blows off nightly.  What I could do with $500.

One word: WOW!

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Honored Contributor

It goes on all summer here.  I worry one day the house will burn down.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree.  Just don't get fireworks to begin with...  But, cities and towns spend $$$ putting on fireworks displays in a much safer environment, with firetrucks on- hand.  Unfortunately, though it's illegal, don't think the police bother with firework complaint calls.  I believe though it raises safety and quality of life issues. 

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Seriously? Do you check their financial records?

Yeah, ok, only people on welfare buy fireworks. Right. i'll be certain to take that statement seriously!

There are nicer ways to disagree.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

@151949 wrote:

Yeah, ok, only people on welfare buy fireworks. Right. i'll be certain to take that statement seriously!

I disagree.  Smiley Wink

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

@debc wrote:

@IamMrsG wrote:

@151949 wrote:

I disagree.  Smiley Wink

Yeah, like that.  Woman Happy

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

My neighbors started Thursday night at 11:30. They don't care if people were sleeping, they don't work.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the replies.

I already updated, but in case you missed it. Someone must have called the cops because I heard cars and screaming and then it ended right before midnight. So perhaps they finally did something about it.

To add- This will go on "all" Summer again, not just for the 4th. I don't mind fireworks, done professionally (or even sparklers or little fire crackers). In fact I love fireworks! But these people are using illegal (in our state) fireworks and what we call quarter and half sticks of dynamite in the yard in a residential area in the country. They sound like bombs going off, but more importantly is the danger to homes and families is what concerns me.

PS I forgot last night to wish everyone a Happy 4th of July, so HAPPY 4th of JULY to ALL!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

A group of drunk idiots were shooting off fireworks in the nearby canyon. We're in a red flag waring because of the drought and dry conditions. I guess the cops drove up to stop them and the idiots took off tires squealing then smashed into several cars. Stupid, stupid...

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Esteemed Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@debc wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

OUr started about two weeks ago or a little more.  First the high school graduations, now the 4th.  Yet, we've noticed through the years that those that are purchasing the illegal fireworks are those on EBT and all sort of govt. assistance.  The fireworks aren't free, they are costly and it would take no less than $500 to set off what the average bozo blows off nightly.  What I could do with $500.

Good, you might learn something. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust