Respected Contributor

Re: Fed up already (illegal fireworks)

It has been going on for two weeks here.  I love the 4th of July as much as the next person.  It went on here until 2:00 this morning.  It really is annoying and it poses safety issues as well.  Trying to get our local commissioners to do anything about it is like spitting in the wind. 

Esteemed Contributor

Actually, It's not one night.

Fireworks are illegal by me as well. Southern California and I live in what's called the Inland Empire Area. Major dry brush, huge risk for fire out here..

For the past week, I have been hearing these items go off that sound like bombs. They are so loud, I am sitting up in bed reading and then out of nowhere you hear the loud boom. It makes me jump every time they go off. I do not bother to call, I just will be glad when they run out of fireworks.  The normal pattern is that they will still be going off for a few days past the fourth as well.

Esteemed Contributor

Also, they aren't the ones that are the safe and sane.  They are the ones shot off from cannons like you see at local parks and civic centers.  Fire rockets and explosives.  We are here on the West Coast with a large port and they get into the country.  Only the low life seem to know how to attain them.  No children's stuff here.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Esteemed Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

Actually, It's not one night.

Fireworks are illegal by me as well. Southern California and I live in what's called the Inland Empire Area. Major dry brush, huge risk for fire out here..

For the past week, I have been hearing these items go off that sound like bombs. They are so loud, I am sitting up in bed reading and then out of nowhere you hear the loud boom. It makes me jump every time they go off. I do not bother to call, I just will be glad when they run out of fireworks.  The normal pattern is that they will still be going off for a few days past the fourth as well.

I am not in your area but what you say is what we suffer through as well.  The gun fire goes without saying. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

@Kellin wrote:
It is ONE night, besides New Years - where some go a little crazy and light fireworks. No, I let it go!

Really? If it were truly ONE night, do you honestly believe people would complain about it like this?  I completely understand the annoyance expressed here.  In my former city, the things would start popping around the end of June and we'd hear them throughout the rest of the Summer.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

@Karnerblue Re: Fed up already (illegal fireworks)

I'm stingy with hearts, but I'd like to give your post 5 of 'em. 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Esteemed Contributor

We go thru the same thing here. We are surrounded by woods so I am so worried about a fire starting. These neighbors shoot their fireworks/cannon bombs off their second story bacony and aim them toward our direction. At least shoot them off on your own property!!!I think that's the thing that really gets me the most.  They start early in any holday week and just continue well past the holiday.  Again, every one has enough land around here that if you are going to do that stuff keep it on your own property. That's my main issue. The fact that they have no regard for anyone else beyond or before the holiday and the hours that they "celebrate" is just rude. Again, if they had "normal" fireworks most of this would not be as big of an issue.  

Honored Contributor

@debc wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

OUr started about two weeks ago or a little more.  First the high school graduations, now the 4th.  Yet, we've noticed through the years that those that are purchasing the illegal fireworks are those on EBT and all sort of govt. assistance.  The fireworks aren't free, they are costly and it would take no less than $500 to set off what the average bozo blows off nightly.  What I could do with $500.

Seriously? Do you check their financial records?

Yeah, ok, only people on welfare buy fireworks. Right. i'll be certain to take that statement seriously!

Honored Contributor

nm