Honored Contributor

Re: Fed Ex this year - dismal.

I ordered a lot online this year for the holidays...two things arrived the day before the arrival date...one has said “ out for delivery” for two weeks....it is a Clemson duffle bag in a huge box...
Honored Contributor

Will say Fed ex and UPS has been good this year for me. U.S. Mail is the worst here. have lost several packages this year. 2 boxes tracked to my town post office and suddenly they disappear. they must have a very lucrative side business going at our postal office. I am NOT the only one with packages gone missing. many in my development have lost packages and all tracked to postal office and suddenly poof gone.

Honored Contributor

The burden should not be on the customer to return something the shipper destroyed. I was in Kohl’s today and they have a big Amazon return desk....to my amazement the guy working at the counter seemed more than knowledgeable and was very accommodating to a woman and even offered her a big box to do a return to Amazon. I was pleasantly surprised. He told her that Amazon requires a box for all returns if it arrived in a box, etc.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My daughter ordered a crib a few years ago that arrived with one end completely smashed. The box looked like a car had driven over it, complete with treadmarks. Why in the world would they even deliver something in that condition? She took a picture of it and they said to throw it away, and sent a new one that arrived in perfect condition.

Esteemed Contributor

@chiclet :  Ask them if you can send them a photo of broken pieces, or ask them to send you a box!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I must be fortunate as I have deliveries just about  everyday from someone, and always have great service....UPS, USPS, Fed Ex On Trac. And of course Amazon....all of them are great. 

Honored Contributor

I find it hard to understand why any of these delivery and mail companies are “ overwhelmed” by the volume of mail and packages during the holidays now, this isntvsome new phenomenon...people shop online now....they know this,,,they need to be ready, Hiring irresponsible temporary drivers is part of the problem. I have seen them sitting in Amazon delivery vans for hours at the end of our cul-de-sac. Wondered how many people were waiting on packages in the back of his van while he was just sitting there talking on his phone.
Honored Contributor

All of my pkgs arrived before Christmas....but the one I ordered two days before Thanksgiving didn’t come until around 8 on Christmas Eve. It was a tiny necklace they showed arriving Dec 10. No idea what delayed it, just relieved it showed up since it was a gift.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just tell all of them...FedEx, UPS, USPS, etc....to ring the dang doorbell!

Super Contributor

They always ring the dang doorbell, If you can't hear it, that's not their fault!  If you want white glove delivery, you will need to request it, otherwise, they are a delivery service, they will ring the doorbell (if you have one) and leave.  They cannot wait until each and every one of you prod toward the door to acknowledge they are there.