Trusted Contributor

Re: Fed Ex this year - dismal.

I am so sorry you have had this issues.  I agree there really is no good shipping company these days, and Fed Ex was once the true example of making a promise (delivery by 10 or 10:30 AM) and delivering on that promise consistantly.  All that has changed.

I am not sure why you can't find a way to call them - just Google Fed Ex customer service phone number and it comes up : 1 (800) 463-3339

Hope you can get it resolved to your satisfaction.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Esteemed Contributor

All my FedEx deliveries came on time or early with no problems. I guess I got lucky.

Respected Contributor

I actually had a couple of hiccups with UPS as well this year. One package never showed up and found out it was being sent back to the company, no reason why, just assumptions. The other wasnt delivered but got a message that something happened and call the company. Nothing happened, they just didnt have time to deliver it that day. I got it the next. But, I did all this calling for nothing.  It was a bit irritating.  

It happens. I actually think we need to start thinking about the poor delivery guys. There are real people behind us demanding to have it within 2 days and God forbid they make a mistake. It is a real problem during the Christmas season. Next year I will be rethinking my online orders. 

I have been reading this year, the amount of orders placed have been astounding. 

Honored Contributor

Fedex is not my choice for deliveries. As noted above, you can call them, though how much help you'll get is questionable.  The number is 1-800-GO-FEDEX...

Nothing to do with Christmas, but I noted several months ago they began delivering packages not to my door but to the condo office. I called and got a song and dance about how their drivers are responsible for any packages that go missing and delivering to the office is safer. I asked what about single family homes where things also can go missing. The agent didn't know what to say. I also noted I live in a security building and again, the agent didn't know what to say. I noted that the reality is it's far easier for the driver to drop all the packages at the office than to deliver them to individual apartments. Again, (you see the pattern...) the agent didn't know what to say... She was going to talk it over with the supervisor and get back to me... As you might have guessed, I never got a return call and packages are still delivered to the condo office. As I promised her during our conversation, I now inquire about what delivery company any given merchant uses and if it's Fedex, I either decline to order or order as minimally as possible... 

I should note that the office for my complex is in a different building and if I have to schlep large boxes from there to my home then the purpose of mail order is defeated, which I also shared with the agent... If they make drivers responsible for lost orders, that's on them, but don't make it my problem...

There are different 'levels' of Fedex delivery and the higher tier seems somewhat more responsive... And yes, as noted, a lot depends on the level of service provided by individual drivers...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

the less I deal with FedEx,  the better.  Now I contact a seller and as if they will NOT ship it FedEx.  They are the worst of the worst.  UPS is better in my experience anyway.  I never have trouble with Amazon ever when they ship.  The other day, I had ordered (from a third party) a case of  Snapple Diet Noni Berry.  They instead sent me regular pink lemonade.  Which is Delicious!!!!  but loaded with sugar.  They would have sent the correct drink, but I had to return the lemonade.  It weighted a ton.  And I would have to get another box.(thank you FedEx for smashing the original box)  I decided to eat the cost. It was $24.00.  I will order directly through Snapple via Amazon next time.  

EDIT"  There is an entire page devoted to FedEx misery.  It's called FedExc Sucks.  Just google and it will lead you there.  last update was 17 minutes ago.

Honored Contributor

@songbird  Looks like there are several Fedex sucks related sites. It would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic!!

Smiley LOL

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@chiclet 

FYI - you'll save a lot of time and aggrevation when you call Amazon customer service if you just state you want to talk to someone in the USA.  Otherwise, I've found, you just keep explaining the problem and the rep agrees then requires you do whatever it is you cannot do.  Seems they listen but don't or won't comprehend to resolve a problem.  Don't ask for a supervisor, just ask to be transferred to someone in the USA.

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@sashamatthews 

Nothing I have requires a signature.

When I ship, I use USPS or UPS.

However, there's no control over how things are shipped to me when I buy them.

UPS and USPS have been more reliable this year. 

Again, it's Fed Ex lying that they've delivered a package that is bad.

Not to mention there is no way to contact THEM, and the stores are overwhelmed with complaints.

While nothing I ordered is critical, I've paid for the stuff and it's not here.

Now, I have to hassle with refunds ore reorders.

@Witchy Woman 

Every time Fed Ex is used for package delivery it seems there's ALWAYS a problem.....

Even if it requires NO SIGNATURE Fed Ex can turn it into a problem..... my brother sent a DVD to me Fed Ex of my neice's school play (she had a lead part) and my brother wanted the relatives to see it when we gathered for Christmas.....My brother clearly indicated that NO SIGNATURE WAS REQUIRED and completed the appropriate form....since it was just a family DVD and if it was stolen wouldnt mean anything to anyone else.....  BUT Fed Ex insisted they MUST HAVE a signature was required and since I was working I missed their delivery attempts.....  My brother had to call them and RAISE HELL with FED EX for them to leave it at my front door....

And they also lied about the number of delivery attempts on another package.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

The main problem l had with Fedex this season is their tracking is never up-to-date— always at least 2 days behind.

And as an Amazon non-prime shopper, l felt l got short shrift from them. Items l had ordered took a week to ship, and another week to arrive. UPS— which is usually reliable— had a large box “out for delivery” 3 consecutive days before l finally received it, the day before Christmas. Woman Frustrated

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

I had a similar issue with FedEx last year ...they did indeed deliver my pkg... to a vacant lot at the end of my street...🙄. It was a big gourmet gift basket of food including smoked salmon...words can’t describe its condition after a neighbor discovered it a week later....This year, I passed a FedEx truck as I was pulling out of my driveway and was expecting a pkg...so I turned around to see if the truck was going to my house. Sure enough, as I pulled up, he was leaving....after putting a big box that said Crate and Barrel in huge black letters right in front of the door in plain sight of the street....instead of putting it four feet to the right behind a brick column that would have protected it from street view. I took it inside and am so glad I turned around and went back to the house. He may have been the one who put a box of six candles upside down, despite the big arrows on the box, on my doormat, in July. The was had ,melted through the seals, through the outside box, and onto the bricks under my doormat by the time I got the box. It apparently had been riding around upside down, for weeks in a truck.