Trusted Contributor

Re: Fed Ex this year - dismal.

Even though there is a FedEx distribution building within 10 minutes of my house, all deliveries to our area route through another STATE!  It is so frustrating to have to go an hour away to pick up a missed package that needs a signature.  I ship everything through USPS now - priority mail with insurance.  I even skip UPS.  The only thing that saves me is I shop early.  I don't live in fear that my purchases won't show up - there is plenty of time to correct any problems. 

Trusted Contributor

This is an addendum to my post.  I ordered a rug from Neiman Marcus two days ago; I received notice from FedEx that it will be delivered today.  Really?  We'll see ...  A FedEx delivery from Belk supposedly due in Saturday has been pushed back to Sunday.  Bet that will be a Monday or Tuesday, for sure.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sashamatthews 

Nothing I have requires a signature.

When I ship, I use USPS or UPS.

However, there's no control over how things are shipped to me when I buy them.

UPS and USPS have been more reliable this year. 

Again, it's Fed Ex lying that they've delivered a package that is bad.

Not to mention there is no way to contact THEM, and the stores are overwhelmed with complaints.

While nothing I ordered is critical, I've paid for the stuff and it's not here.

Now, I have to hassle with refunds ore reorders.

Respected Contributor

Very few of my packages have actually been delivered with Fed Ex. I've read stories about how bad they are but I never had a problem with them. Until this year.

Ordered an item from Kohl's that shipped out on December 7th from Washington state, and oh brother did it ever take the scenic route to get to me. It made stops in Oregon, Utah, Nebraska, Illinois and Ohio. When it finally got to Pennsylvania, it made stops in three different towns before it was handed off to the post office for delivery. Final delivery was December 23rd.

Esteemed Contributor

You know, those delivery drivers, and all the company employees, are overwhelmed this time of year.  They work 15+ hours a day to make sure you get your packages.  They get very little sleep.  They don't get much pay and benefits, and the company rules they have to abide by are difficult to the point of being unfair.  They don't get lunch breaks and they can't go home until every single package is delivered.   I appreciate every delivery, even if it's after 10pm.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

@tototwo 

I know I'm repeating myself, and I agree with everything you are saying.

But that does not make up for saying something is delivered when it is not.

Tell me it's lost, late or circling the moon, but don't show tracking as having been delivered and it has not.

No matter what the circumstances, there is no excuse for lying about service.  It's just not acceptable.

Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@tototwo 

I know I'm repeating myself, and I agree with everything you are saying.

But that does not make up for saying something is delivered when it is not.

Tell me it's lost, late or circling the moon, but don't show tracking as having been delivered and it has not.

No matter what the circumstances, there is no excuse for lying about service.  It's just not acceptable.

@Witchy Woman  I wonder if your package was actually delivered, but maybe to the wrong address?

Twice I've had packages say they were delivered but they weren't delivered to my house. They were delivered to someone two streets over from me with the same house number as mine. Fortunately both times the person who got my delivery came to my door and explained what had happened. I was lucky - not everyone is as honest. 

Esteemed Contributor

And, sometimes delivered packages get stolen off porches.  Or other catastrophes.  I just don't blame the delivery person first.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lmt 

That might be, BUT, the Fed Ex drivers have to come down a 1/4 mile gravel road to my house.  It's not like we are in a neighborhood.  The address is clearly marked in several locations.

@tototwo 

We live back in the woods.

No other houses around. 

In the 30 years we've been here, NOTHING has ever been taken off a porch or elsewhere.

When the tracking is specific saying, "dropped off in front of the garage" and it is not there, I'm not sure who else is to blame besides the driver saying that the delivery was made when it wasn't.

I was outside 10 minutes after the delivery was supposed to have been made.  I can hear trucks coming up the gravel road.

Super Contributor

Witchy Woman, I have set up an account with Fed Ex to track my packages on line. You can also call 1-800-go-fedex.  I missed a delivery I needed to sign for, I live in a rural area, so I called, and they were able to reschedule it the same day.  Even though I was now expecting it to be delivered between 11:15 and 1:30, I still didn't hear the truck pull in.  I had put a note on the garage door to come to the front door.  I was sitting on my couch, with the sound on the TV off, and was startled by the doorbell ringing.  There she was, and she was driving a small van, not a truck, so that's why I didn't hear a truck come in my drive.  You can also go into your account and add add'l information about where you want your packages to be delivers, ie front door.  Hope you get your packages.