Esteemed Contributor

It's a shame what is happening to this company.

I now have 3 separate orders lost in the delivery process.

Two orders from different places show "out for delivery" as of December 12 and that's it.  No tracking beyond that.

Another said "delivered and left at garage" which is a lie.  It even shows a time yesterday, and I was here.  No such delivery occurred.

I don't mind if things are late, but don't lie and say they have been delivered.

Now, as the customer, I've got to prove them wrong, and, hopefully, get a refund and reorder.

Evidently, there is no way to contact Fed Ex that I can find.

None of the items critical, but still.  It's aggravating.

I wish stores would stop using them.

Respected Contributor

Re: Fed Ex this year - dismal.

Exactly!  They have been awful, but so has Amazon, USPS and UPS.   Fed ex came to my house after midnight each time this season.  I don't mind that, but they lied about what time they delivered the package.  USPS lied about delivering my package and then it showed up the next day.  This happened a few times.  A neighbor opened mine by mistake and then delivered it to my mailbox with a note.  UPS lies too.  I searched all over for a package after I saw they delivered it.  It came the next day.  I have to say that Fed Ex was the carrier  that really surprised me.  They have always been known for on time deliveries. 

Respected Contributor

They delivered a wooden vanity.  It was so damaged.  The big box it came in was in such terrible shape.  It weighs 145 lbs.  Amazon is going to send another but they want this returned and it is almost impossible to find a box to send it back even in pieces.  The new one has a tracking date of 12/20 and no other info.  Not happy with them.

Esteemed Contributor

I also wonder where all these "lost" packages are?

Are they just trashing stuff? Selling it?

Most of the things I ordered are not exactly hot items.

@chiclet 

Cannot imagine trying to "return" pieces of a big piece of furniture.

Would they just not accept a photo of the damaged item?

In the end, the burden is on the customer.

I'll be rethinking my orders in the future.

Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

I also wonder where all these "lost" packages are?

Are they just trashing stuff? Selling it?

Most of the things I ordered are not exactly hot items.

@chiclet 

Cannot imagine trying to "return" pieces of a big piece of furniture.

Would they just not accept a photo of the damaged item?

In the end, the burden is on the customer.

I'll be rethinking my orders in the future.

When I called Amazon they said they would send another and send it back.  I said I cannot do that because we are not able to lift and also have no box since box was destroyed.  They kept saying that I had to and I kept say I could not.  Then got transferred to someone else and argued nicely with them for 30 minutes and finally they said they would send a company to pick it up un boxed.  The company was supposed to show up yesterday and they did not.  I called them and now they say they will come on monday.  I am glad this was not a present for someone.  Also I ordered online because it is so hard to find things I want in stores anymore.  So frustrating.  

Honored Contributor

Hopefully your items weren't gifts.  

Delays and mis-transferred items happen every year.  FedEx, UPS, and USPS are overwhelmed with mail during the holidays.  News reports this was a record year for all of them.  I feel bad for them since they are working around the clock.  Stuff happens.  

Respected Contributor

i had read about Amazon discouraging Fedex as carrier to their small business clients - and the company's own future earnings downgrade which highlighted internal problems. then i had a gift for me coming via Fedex which they said they had tried to deliver - but i was home and was dubious. 

late Christmas Eve day the regular driver for neighborhood dropped off the package and rectified the situation - even though i had made arrangements to pick it up after Christmas at a local spot.  he went above and beyond.

so it really comes down to the drivers - i have an extraordinary UPS man and have had few problems with USPS. of course i know human errors can happen - and do see the occasional misrouting.

but i do worry when i see UPS Mail Innovations -  which always seems to take forever.

Respected Contributor

Guess I lucked out this season as every package arrived in time and in good condition, and all tracking info was correct. I had deliveries via USPS, UPS, Amazon, and FedEx. Some items I ordered and some were gifts sent to our home.

About the return to Amazon...I just returned a pair of shoes and I was told they would box things if needed at the UPS store. With the item being heavy as well as damaged, I'm surprised you got so much grief over getting it handled. Amazon should have better return service when the problem is receiving damaged goods, especially heavy items.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@CalminHeart 

I agree.

I've talked to my regular Fed Ex driver.  He's asked about a truck my husband has -- wanted to buy it.

So, this is why I find the lying that a package has been delivered so objectionable.

As I said, I can accept a LATE delivery, but don't lie and say it was dropped off at my garage at 4:21 p.m, when it is no where in sight.

I'm not unreasonable, I just hate lies.

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@CalminHeart 

I agree.

I've talked to my regular Fed Ex driver.  He's asked about a truck my husband has -- wanted to buy it.

So, this is why I find the lying that a package has been delivered so objectionable.

As I said, I can accept a LATE delivery, but don't lie and say it was dropped off at my garage at 4:21 p.m, when it is no where in sight.

I'm not unreasonable, I just hate lies.

Fed Ex is the worst , in my experience.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan