Honored Contributor

Re: Fed Ex now requiring signature

[ Edited ]

@walkingal wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@wishmoon wrote:

Can you imagine how much this is going to hold up deliveries, most especially during the Xmas season? Why are they determined to make our mail slower???

@wishmoon 

This is why I dont like Fed Ex....they will just lie about the number of attempts like they did for me ....   I had many deliveries where they said it was the "final attempt" and yet their tracking showed they only made ONE attempt.....😡 And even if you waive the signature by completing a special form they still require one.....This all occurred way before covid and were normal experiences for Fed Ex....

One package my brother sent me he waived the signature, no monetary value since it was only a DVD of my niece's school play...and yet on that package was held up because they required a signature (and it was during the holiday season too) my brother had to call and cuss them out and tell them he had completed the required document to waive the signature--he did a lot of yelling and told them to just deliver the package!!! 

@Spurt  This is why I avoid doing business with companies who use FedEx.  And the fact their delivery fees are entirely too high.  

@walkingal 

I do to...sometimes I will even call or email the company and ask who they use for delivery....but sometimes it cant be avoided since some of my relatives live in rural areas and they dont have much of a choice if they shop locally and want something delivered from one of their local up North shops and want to send something to me in Texas  they have no options except Fed Ex in their locale......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I get FedEx and UPS regularly. What ai used to get in office, they now bring to my home.

FedEx has multiple drop off locations such as Walgreens. You can ask your packages be held there and the clerks will take your signature.

Respected Contributor

I got an email also saying my package needed a signature but when it came it was just dropped off.  I did not sign.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

I agree this is for when the shipper requires a signature and not to all Fedex packages.  No need to get in an uproar.

Hasnt been my experience with Fed Ex.......Fed Ex likes to "play games" when they are in a hurry to end their delivery schedule....they've been caught in some lies with quite a few of my deliveries.......😒 That's why I prefer UPS or even USPS or USPS Mail Innovations over Fed Ex...

@Spurt   Well exactly. That comports with what I'm saying. The drivers are in too much of a hurry so it doesn't make sense that FedEx would impose a signature requirement for all package deliveries.

Honored Contributor

I did not receive that notice from Fed Ex.  Could be only for shippers that require a signature or for high theft areas?

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

I did not receive that notice from Fed Ex.  Could be only for shippers that require a signature or for high theft areas?

I think it's if you have an account with them.  I received the email and read it, as CoffeeNut said, to indicate that they will go back to requiring sigs on packages that were set up that way by the shipper.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wishmoon wrote:

Can you imagine how much this is going to hold up deliveries, most especially during the Xmas season? Why are they determined to make our mail slower???

@wishmoon 

????    Sorry, but I really doubt shippers like UPS, Fedex, etc are staying up nights trying to come up with ways to make mail slower.  It's about reducing theft from porches and door steps.   

If people are at work during the day, many have packages shipped to their office or workplace, and I bet many will continue to do that.  

Valued Contributor

@caroln242 wrote:

I just got an e-mail from Fed Ex stating signatures are again being required.  Or am I reading it wrong?

FedEx Delivery Signature Update
As we continue to support the global supply chain, we’re committed to keeping customers, team members and your packages safe. We will reinstate effective September 15, 2021 our physical signature requirements for paid, premium signature services and commercial deliveries* across the U.S. for the following signature types:
• Adult Signature Required (ASR)
• Direct Signature Required (DSR)
• Indirect Signature Required (ISR)
The reinstatement of signature requirements applies to shipments delivered by FedEx Express®, FedEx Ground®, FedEx Home Delivery®, FedEx Freight®**, FedEx Office® and FedEx OnSite locations.

I wonder, will we be required to go to a Fed Ex office to pick up packages if we're not home at delivery time?

This does not pertain to all FedEx deliveries, only those requiring signature proof of delivery.

Respected Contributor

I got a package the other day and went to get it and said to me he just needed to make sure someone was home .  I did not have to sign.  It was wine though.

Respected Contributor

l just asked my FedEx driver a few minutes ago about signatures? He said certain items. I told him the email was confusing to some. I am guessing some jewelry, electronics etc. I did sign for my wine a few weeks ago ordered from Q.