Trusted Contributor

Re: Fed Ex now requiring signature

We get FedEx packages daily at work. About a month ago our FedEx driver started having me sign for them which has never happened in all the years I have worked there.

He said they had a company meeting and there were all kinds of new rules.  They were now required to get a signature.  The are also now required to wear a mask.

He said if he got caught not wearing a mask or getting a signature he would be personally fined $1100. Woman Surprised

Well, last week he started just dropping the packages inside the front door again.

I asked why no signature? He said my signature is "on file" now and I no longer need to sign for them.

*Shrugs* Woman Frustrated

Who knows? They obviously don't know what they want to do.

Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wishmoon wrote:

Can you imagine how much this is going to hold up deliveries, most especially during the Xmas season? Why are they determined to make our mail slower???

@wishmoon 

This is why I dont like Fed Ex....they will just lie about the number of attempts like they did for me ....   I had many deliveries where they said it was the "final attempt" and yet their tracking showed they only made ONE attempt.....😡 And even if you waive the signature by completing a special form they still require one.....This all occurred way before covid and were normal experiences for Fed Ex....

One package my brother sent me he waived the signature, no monetary value since it was only a DVD of my niece's school play...and yet that package was held up because they required a signature (and it was during the holiday season too) my brother had to call and cuss them out and tell them he had completed the required document to waive the signature--he did a lot of yelling and told them to just deliver the package!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

I agree this is for when the shipper requires a signature and not to all Fedex packages.  No need to get in an uproar.

Hasnt been my experience with Fed Ex.......Fed Ex likes to "play games" when they are in a hurry to end their delivery schedule....they've been caught in some lies with quite a few of my deliveries.......😒 That's why I prefer UPS or even USPS or USPS Mail Innovations over Fed Ex...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

I think that the reason that they are doing this is to try and cut down or eliminate theft by porch pirates, and people lying and saying that they didn't receive something, when in fact, they did.

My thoughts exactly.

Honored Contributor

@wishmoon wrote:

Can you imagine how much this is going to hold up deliveries, most especially during the Xmas season? Why are they determined to make our mail slower???

It's not USPS, it's Fed Ex.

Trusted Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@wishmoon wrote:

@wishmoon 

This is why I dont like Fed Ex....they will just lie about the number of attempts like they did for me ....   I had many deliveries where they said it was the "final attempt" and yet their tracking showed they only made ONE attempt.....😡 And even if you waive the signature by completing a special form they still require one.....This all occurred way before covid and were normal experiences for Fed Ex....

One package my brother sent me he waived the signature, no monetary value since it was only a DVD of my niece's school play...and yet on that package was held up because they required a signature (and it was during the holiday season too) my brother had to call and cuss them out and tell them he had completed the required document to waive the signature--he did a lot of yelling and told them to just deliver the package!!! 

@Spurt  This is why I avoid doing business with companies who use FedEx.  And the fact their delivery fees are entirely too high.  

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@wishmoon wrote:

It's not USPS, it's Fed Ex.

@CelticCrafter 

I found issues with BOTH Fed Ex and USPS....but even USPS is better than Fed Ex in my location....

Trusted Contributor

makes sense.. but most of the time im not at home.. so i will have to go pick it up somewhere??? thats bull i think... if i wanted that i would just go shopping at my closest store... in that case they would be taking alot of packages back with them.  i'd say 80% of the time most people arent home when they drop them off... 

Honored Contributor

I see this as FedEx's way of covering their butts for missing or stolen packages. It has nothing to do with their customers but in actuality it's more of an inconvenience for them to say the least.

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego.Add me to the list of people puzzled as to what will have to have a signature  - no way can it be every package, but I would be pleased if some had to have signatures.  I have had some really important papers delivered to the wrong address by FedEx.