Trusted Contributor

Re: Fear of Flying Post Germanwings Crash--Increased, Decreased or Unchanged

unchanged. You're more likely to be killed in a car crash.

Honored Contributor

All things considered, I'm more afraid of being sat next to a crying baby! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Honored Contributor

I have never flown. I have no desire, or intention to ever fly.
Respected Contributor

I have flown throughout the Domestic USA as well as International Communities while having our business for so many years, with my deceased husband.

I also traveled extensively for pleasure and still do, throughout the continents via air travel and cruises, and we also rent vehicles while away and drive to see the sights, country side, and sample many of the off the tourist trail restaurants.

I believe in God, and that fate is written at the time creation occurs.

Since I do believe in the above I fear nothing anymore on Earth, and know in my heart when your # is up....... it is up, and if is not happening while flying, driving, or cruising, then it will still happen by some other means, since it is all per-ordained by the Almighty upon our creation.

Trusted Contributor

I'm sorry, I think it would be ridiculous to be more afraid to fly because of this incident. It was terrible, I feel for all the people on the plane, but, it would be like deciding not to go to the Mall or the theatre, because a crazed shooter might attack! This was a terrible, but extremely rare incident. Think of the amazing pilots, who have saved many lives. The pilot that landed in the Hudson River, the amazing Czech pilot that landed a huge plane, with no landing gear; one of the passengers on the flight, said it was one of the smoothest landings he'd ever experienced! I fly a lot, and I've never experienced a problem more severe than boredom!
Esteemed Contributor

I'm not afraid to fly.

Esteemed Contributor

I have never been crazy about flying. I am a white knuckle flyer.

Valued Contributor

On 3/28/2015 adoreqvc said:

I have flown throughout the Domestic USA as well as International Communities while having our business for so many years, with my deceased husband.

I also traveled extensively for pleasure and still do, throughout the continents via air travel and cruises, and we also rent vehicles while away and drive to see the sights, country side, and sample many of the off the tourist trail restaurants.

I believe in God, and that fate is written at the time creation occurs.

Since I do believe in the above I fear nothing anymore on Earth, and know in my heart when your # is up....... it is up, and if is not happening while flying, driving, or cruising, then it will still happen by some other means, since it is all per-ordained by the Almighty upon our creation.

Although God knows when a person will die, doesn't mean he is responsible for a person's death or plans it as you are implying. He did not cause this man to crash the plane. God is the giver of life, not death. Your fate is not written when you are born. God gave people free will and control of the earth. You can hasten or prolong death by your choices. The only way to get God to intervene is to use the power He gave us in our born again spirits. Unfortunately in this crash there was little or no time for prayer or invoking God to intercede.

Valued Contributor

I think the fear of flying is because we are not in control. There are so many variables. Most of the time we think of mechanical failure or maybe terrorist on board. But now we have to think about the pilot wanting to kill everyone on board. At least in a car we are the pilot and we don't invite terrorists as passengers. Mechanical failure is usually a flat tire and even then we usually can control the cr. The only thing we cannot control is the people in the other cars. In a car we do stand a chance of survival during a crash. In a plane we have little chance of that.

I believe fear of flying now to be understandable.

Frequent Contributor

When it's my time to go I will, no matter what I'm doing.