Honored Contributor

Raolph!!!! I could not sleep next to someone with toe claws like that......OMG!   I always tell my son - clip your claws!!!!  Just gross!!!!!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@Smoky wrote:

@Preds, that color is pretty but gurllllllllllllllll you need a pedi..  Now this is what I'm looking like....  Can you imagine those eagle talons?  LOL  squawk squawk.. 

Okay ... That's Revlon Iced Mauve.  My signature color. But, I don't have shoes that will accomodate those nails.  I do like boots for the winter. Smiley Wink

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

@Preds, these might work for ya......  How funny you know all the pretty colors.. been drinking?  LOL LOL

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

Not my style @Suziepeach!  Prefer a lower heel, but thanks fort rying.  (Hic, Hic)

Excuse me!  Of to a wedding.  See ya' tomorrow ... tomorrow, there's always tomorrow ...  LOL

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Re: Fear of Feet

[ Edited ]

In the Japanese culture, feet are unclean.  (They are right, of course--feet are picking up floor dirt all the time.)  There are special slippers for using the toilet in a house, and they are left in that room.

People going to worship in a Buddhist temple have places to store their shoes. 

It's not a phobia, I think.  Japan is the size of California, except only 10% of it is (densely) populated due to mountain ranges in the middle of the archipelago (Japan is a chain of many, many islands).  People live in close quarters.  They are considerate of others, clean, and thoughtful.  People wear shoes with socks.  The shoes are removed always on entering a private space.  They are removed when entering a sacred space as well.

In Japan, feet can be clean but our shoes are never clean.  I don't feel this way myself, but don't see it as phobic.  It is just careful about cleanliness.

That care is one reason that it is a delight to visit Japan.  The trains are washed down after each journey is completed.  Fast food sandwiches in the convenience stores are changed every hour or so.

Honored Contributor

When I read this thread I thought of the movie "Boomerang" with Eddie Murphy that was a womanizer and wouldn't date a woman if she had "ugly feet".

Honored Contributor

Re: Fear of Feet

[ Edited ]

Episode of "Martin" with Martin Lawrence, from years ago showed him cutting his toenails and everyone in the room was ducking! It was hilarious!Woman LOL

YouTube : Martin (killer toenail)

...omg Tisha!

Esteemed Contributor

Oh WOW!  I had every one of those symptoms the one and only time I saw a live demo of Emjoi!  Had I known about this, I could have sought medical help!  Smiley Embarassed

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Respected Contributor

These are the only feet that I like !