Trusted Contributor

@Moonchilde: I'm not a vegetarian either, but that sounds downright delicious!

Honored Contributor

I am still pouting that my two favorite local family-owned restaurants -- Chinese and Italian -- have been torn down for a huge hotel.  Now, it seems like all of the nearby eateries are "gourmet" hamburgers and handcrafted beers.  Bleh.

Honored Contributor

@Evie2004 wrote:

@Annabellethecat66, I need a lunch friend like yours! I have a good friend, but she is having difficulty getting out very often & she has an older husband that she worries about, leaving him alone..seems like everyone I know that is married just want to be with their husband's everyday! I have one, but we aren't joined at the hip, so to speak! We both like some time apart! 

When we do go out, it is also to same old, same old spots..seems like the local non-chain places are disappearing, those new quickie pizza places are the rage here in our burg.

we do have a combo diner/ truck stop place my husband likes, but owners recently sold & menu is changing..

By quickie pizza I wonder if you're talking about the Mod pizza chains, @Evie2004.  They are all over the place now.

Respected Contributor

Not a fan of chain restaurants really.

I like one of a kind places that have like one or maybe a couple locations around town.

Love Mexican! Creole. BBQ. And, a good local pizza place never hurts either! 

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

@Foolywooly11 wrote:

@Moonchilde: I'm not a vegetarian either, but that sounds downright delicious!

It really is, @Foolywooly11. I love mushrooms and I love zucchini, and it all comes together wonderfully.  What's not to love about cheese, and adding the tomato is a nice different flavor in the mouth along with.

My other vegetarian meals are Indian. Indian cuisine does veggies so well!

Once in a while, all-veggie is tasty :-)

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

@Moonchilde: As you said, what's not to love?Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Favorite places to eat

[ Edited ]

Hmmmm.  I don't eat out a lot because we eat organic and eat healthier.  But i do love junk food and cafe food.  I live in a small town, we have one place we eat at.  Its a sushi place, where real Japanese make the food, lol!

When in Los Angeles, I have a few haunts that have the best dishes I dream of.  One is Rosa's in downtown LA, I could live on their mexican corn , it is like no other!!!!  Then, The Nickel Diner in LA has the best breakfast....long wait...but worth it

The other place I love is the YARD, where I get the seared ahi sandwich, and the best poke'..

I love Salt and Straw ice cream

mcconnells ice cream

Bea bea's in Burbank...

Honored Contributor

One place I do love that is a chain restaurant.  iHop!!  I dont know why, but I love it.  I get the grain and oat pancakes, and a fried egg...over very easy.  It is just good.

i did make the grain and oat pancakes from a dupe receipe in a cookbook I got from QVC years ago.  It came very close, if not identical. I like to make it, because I use organic ingredients.  But I am not loving cooking these days because of the mess, and clean up. It is just too much work for me on a regular basis.  Once a year I will make it, but thats it. The nearest iHop is 40 miles, so we only go there every few years.

Trusted Contributor

I have an all you can eat Japanese Sushi Seafood House buffet in my city, and it is divine.  I turned my nose up at it at first, because I figured that a sushi buffet would be pretty pedestrian in its selection.  I was wrong.  This place is the bomb.  I eat there for lunch once a week.  I also love Vietnamese food and go to a restaurant for that cuisine for lunch once a week, too.  I'm pretty lucky with the restaurant selection in my area.  The only type of cuisine that is lacking is Italian, but luckily I cook great Italian food at home.  There's an abundance of chain restaurants around, but I rarely go to them.  The independently owned restaurants are equally priced with better food, so I'd rather eat at those.

Respected Contributor

We have a locally owned restaurant that serves the best cream of mushroom soup.  They use portobello mushrooms, which gives the soup a beefy flavor.  But the soup also has cream and sherry, which make it rich and even more delicious.  Sooooo good!

They also serve an outstanding lobster bisque and an excellent French onion soup.